News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT--Vick question and related discussion

Started by ELCHALJE, August 15, 2009, 02:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELCHALJE

Maybe I am too simplistic but has not Vick paid his harsh dues with time in jail and losing his lucrative contract.  Doesn't he deserve a new, and earned opportunity?
Don't we all make mistakes--hopefully not as nasty as Vick's mistake--and deserve another chance after we have paid our dues?

Does anyone think he will ever go to a dog fight again?  Another question:  was Vick brought up as a kid to love dog fighting by members of his family--pretty heavy influence for a young kid to overcome.

Flip side, I think that sex offenders who prey on kids need to give up the I paid my dues/leave me alone routine.  That is perhaps the only category of offense that I would put in the there is never full forgiveness column.

Just my thoughts as Vick becomes a public figure with the Eagles. 

terrymeisner

he didn't just fight dogs....he electrocuted them, slammed them into concrete, drowned them....want me to go on.....go Giants!!!!!

Jim143

ELCHALJE

Check out this thread.  In there I posted about the issues stemming from the dog fighting, but those that even more serious from a legal standpoint.. . .

http://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,10124.0.html

Before anyone jumps on me, I am not making light of what he did to the dogs.  I just think people in general are very short sited about what crimes he really committed. . . .(they seem to have tunnel vision on the dog related crimes)
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

spiderblue43

And Vick has every right to continue his road to redemption somewhere, thankfully not with the Giants. It will truly come in works so apart from his psychological makeup that it would be astounding, really. I doubt he is anymore than saying the right things in terms of his transgressions. He has to. Fine, his "second chance" came when Philly signed him. I would not deny him that but also feel quite okay to rip the team that did. He gets another lucrative chance because of his marketable skills, unlike 99% of the population convicted for the same crimes, but I don't have to cheer for the SOB on the field or feel good about others doing so. Maybe Vick ticked off fans will make a statement to the NFL that having him around does not make sense and, more importantly, the wrong thing to do in the future.

jimmyz

I hate the word mistake.

I meant to be a good dog owner but by mistake I mutilated them.  Darn it!

"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

terrymeisner

the only reason he is contrite now is cause his two so called buddies rolled on him and exposed him for the POS that he is.....i can't wait for someone to take his knee out....ill hoist a cold one to whoever makes the hit.....go Giants!!!!!

jerseyguy

I listened to Vick tell the world that he made a mistake and that he's now sorry, what mistake did he make, he murdered a lot of dogs in a very inhumane way and he meant to do it so where is the mistake...I also heard Chris Mortenson say that Goodell may even reinstate Vick by the first game of the season . Vicks apology sounded to me like he was reading something that was written for him, as far as I'm concerned the only thing he is sorry for is that he got caught and if he wasn't caught does anybody doubt that he'd still be doing the same things today....

squibber

Quote from: jimmyz on August 15, 2009, 03:11:43 PM
I hate the word mistake.

I meant to be a good dog owner but by mistake I mutilated them.  Darn it!

I hate it when someone commits an immoral act and they use the mistake work to get a second chance or forgiveness.  It's like when a guy cheats on his wife and his wife wants to leave him.  The guy will plead for a second chance and say "I made a mistake".

terrymeisner

Vicks apology sounded to me like he was reading something that was written for him, as far as I'm concerned the only thing he is sorry for is that he got caught and if he wasn't caught does anybody doubt that he'd still be doing the same things today....
_________________________________________________-
i completely agree with you , jerseyguy.....go Giants!!!!!

terrymeisner

i have a ? for ELCHALJE........

when you started this thread , were you aware that vick not only bankrolled the dog fighting operation but also....

1.  tortured dogs that would not fight or that he had lost money on when they did fight....this included electrocution, slamming them into concrete and drowning them.....this info came from his buddies that rolled on him

2. had female dogs teeth pulled to prevent them from biting while being secured in a rape stand.....trial info

now my question to you.....do you still think michael vick is being harshly treated?....go Giants!!!!!

spiderblue43

terry,

I'm with you on this one. The more the public knows about his House of Horrors (and some simply want to move on, not interested in the details), the more terribly twisted he truly is. And organize an entire gambling operation for these fiends involved. For the Giants to bring him in would be a game-changer for me. I'm not apologetic about this: human beings have a responsibility to be kind to animals defenseless, not exploit in some kind of terror for kicks and cash. That is Michael Vick resume. He will never escape that for me. His redemption, to me, is not scoring TDs for the Eagles but making a difference the rest of his life towards his atrocities. LOL knowing his upringing and processed contrition so far. Good luck seeing that happen in eventuality.

terrymeisner

spiderblue......what he did can't be hidden with "i made a mistake".......he is towing the line and his only remorse imo is that he got caught in the first place

nfl fans should contribute to a "micheal vick bounty" in which the guy that takes out his knee gets a rather large bonus.....i bet the bonus would be huge

thank god this isn't a Giant problem because imo this as as heinous as jeremiah parker....go Giants!!!!!

Kmed6000

I can't believe ESPN is showing top 10 Vick moments like this is some kind of courageous comeback.

terrymeisner

thank god this isn't a Giant problem because imo this as as heinous as jeremiah parker...

being a dog lover i over reacted and whatever happened to any dog could not describe the horror that happened to elijah kelly.....i apologize to the board....

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_25_99/ai_75435004/

ELCHALJE

Hey Terry, I know what Vick did, and it was horrendous.  To put matters in perspective, I need you to know that I am a dog lover.  Two quick stories:
1.  When my wife and I closed on our first home, we went and got a puppy before we went to our new home.  2.  I am $2500 in to the treatment of my 2.5 year old Golden with a strange malady at this moment--thank God, things are looking good.

Meanwhile, I still wonder when a guy has paid his dues and when he can be accepted as a normal human being again.  For Vick, he needs to do more than just utter the appropriate phrases--he needs to put some money and some personal effort into animal care.  He needs to be serious about it--all the time.  If he does so, I think it will be time for us to realize that "he got it."