News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

We Are Currently In Discussion With Inside Football

Started by MightyGiants, September 04, 2009, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you approve of this collaberation

Yes
No

NerdyBrooke

After looking over the Tailgate board, they seem to run the board very similar to ours (intelligent, thought out discussion; regular posters).  I can't see any cons in this move really.  What's worst case scenario?  The boards don't gel, part ways, and we're back to square one.  The pros of having more regular members posting and offering new thoughts and opinions is too good to pass up.

I'm all for it.

Kmed6000

Who would be running the board?  Would it be Rich and the mods or whoever they have in charge?

terrymeisner

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sam56

I voted "yes" the other day (after reviewing the Tailgate Board) but did not write a comment. However, I have thoughly enjoyed and respected the comments I have just read here and thought I'd add my thoughts briefly.

I completely respect and admire Rich and the other mods. This board has been extremely enjoyable and fulfilling to me since I first joined it at it's very beginning.

I too have been thinking the last few months that I would like to see us grow a little larger, so I am very happy to see this proccess started. I hope  the Insider Footballers would like to join us and give this merger a chance on both our behalfs to work for us all.

I am pleased and hopeful and have my fingers crossed.

terrymeisner

This is my first post on BBH.  Although I am not all that familiar with you folks, I have known Patti Traina for many years.  I

Pat_Traina

Hello all,

Hope you don't mind that I'm chiming in here but I thought perhaps if I had an account it would enable me to contribute as well as address concerns you might have about a merger.

For those unfamiliar with Inside Football, we've been around longer than any other independent paper covering the team -- our roots go back to the mid 1970s. Our founding editor always stressed quality and professionalism in all that we do, and that's something I try to maintain to this day.

Our readers are very much like the folks here in that they don't have time for the trivial stuff. They are hardcore Giants fans and they know their stuff. Not that I would try this, but you cannot put anything past them. I am constantly amazed at the depth of their knowledge and appreciation of the history of Giants football. They are professionals and I can honestly say that I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to step in to slap someone's wrist for "misbehaving"  since we launched the boards however many years ago.

One of the reasons why I agreed to have discussions with the mods here at BBH about a merger is because I am a big fan of community. I know the folks at IF have their own little community going, just as you guys have going here, but regardless of the board you're on, it's because of one reason: the Giants. In a perfect world, there would be one place where all Giants fans shared ideas about the team.  Can you just imagine?

One of the things I hope to do if this merger goes through is to be more active on the boards. I have so many hours during the day and then there's always the option to start the next day's work in advance if I so choose. I am a big believer in being accessible via email to readers because without the readers, there is no Inside Football. Therefore, if someone tells me they want to see a story on a player, or they have a question for the coach, if I have the opportunity to address it, I will.

I realize I'm rambling a bit here but again, I felt it important that you hear from me. If anyone has specific concerns or questions they'd like to address, the best way to reach me is via e-mail as I don't always have time to check the boards.  My address is editor@insidefootball.com.

One last thing you should know about me and how I do business. I treat others the way I want to be treated. And anyone who knows me knows that I don't judge others, I don't attack others, and I give my best effort every day. I'm not perfect -- I won't sit here and tell you otherwise. But I'm very devoted to what I do (as are the others who work on Inside Football with me) and I appreciate those who do take time out of their day to read what we write or who send a letter to us.

Best,

Patti Traina
Editor, Inside Football
http://trainathought.insidefootball.com/
Patricia Traina
Editor, Inside Football
www.insidefootball.com
Twitter: @Patricia_Traina

bedl365

Thanks for the insight. Whether the merger happens or not I just want you to know alot of us here at this site are big fans of your work.

Pat_Traina

Quote from: bedl365 on September 06, 2009, 08:38:48 PM
  Thanks for the insight. Whether the merger happens or not I just want you to know alot of us here at this site are big fans of your work.

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback!
Patricia Traina
Editor, Inside Football
www.insidefootball.com

AZGiantFan

Quote from: bedl365 on September 06, 2009, 08:38:48 PM

++1
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

bamagiantfan

Thanks for bringing us into the loop Pat. I hope my post on the IF board wasn't inappropriate. Just trying to calm some fears and I was curious to see what you had over there.

Best of luck and thanks for your reports from Albany. They not only were appreciated but much of what you reported became topics for discussion on the board over here.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

dasher

Welcome Pat and please continue to contribute, regardless of merger implications. I hope the merger does goes through and your board would like to merge with us. What a great place for the Giant fan to congregate and disseminate information. Rich is a class act who has worked to make BBH a premier Giants board  and putting together the two boards would be a grand slam home run. Your readers and board would fit with ours in so many ways. I am very excited about the possibilities.
Geeze, I am an old man here and have been a diehard loyalist since the mid '50s. But that is in the past; the present and the future is what most matters. And that is what makes this board special-- not what has transpired but the anticipation of the upcoming season and seasons to come. The love and camaraderie of the best Big Blue fans is indeed special. Welcome and looking forward to an even better board with your family!
dasherdale

Sam56

Welcome Pat from another half century plus Giant fan.

I too hope this merger goes through. Classy and quite professional input from you. If your board members are as good as I believe they are, this will be a true success.

Sam56

Pat_Traina

Quote from: bamagiantfan on September 06, 2009, 08:56:47 PM
Thanks for bringing us into the loop Pat. I hope my post on the IF board wasn't inappropriate. Just trying to calm some fears and I was curious to see what you had over there.

Best of luck and thanks for your reports from Albany. They not only were appreciated but much of what you reported became topics for discussion on the board over here.

Not at all. We're all adults and I'm sure both sides are going to have concerns about a possible merger. Trust me, no hard feelings here. :)
Patricia Traina
Editor, Inside Football
www.insidefootball.com