News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

VIDEO- Giants v 'Skins 1988 - Jim Burt TD

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2009, 11:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimv

GREAT video, Mighty!  I was at that game, sitting in the upper deck of the east end zone.  So, Burt was heading right towards me.  As I remember, it was the opening game on Monday night and the 'Skins were favored, coming off their SB win and the dreadful season the Jints had with their "substitute team" in '87.

I'm new here, coming off the Tailgate.  I think I'm going to enjoy this History thread.

LennG

Jim

You remember correctly. It was an opening MNF game in 1988, and was Burts one and only TD.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kartanoman

Here's my detailed analysis of the game:

http://www.kartanoman.com/seasons/80s/1988/88wk01.html

This was an amazing win because the Giants did it without LT, an injured Leonard Marshall and Sean Landeta, Carl Banks and Mark Bavaro not in football shape after holding out most of the pre-season and the fact the Giants were playing the reigning NFL champions.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)