News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tailgaters Start Here, then Branch Out

Started by jimv, September 14, 2009, 11:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

I apologize for not participating on this thread yet. I've been a little busy this week.

I just want to welcome all of you from the Tailgate club. I am so happy with the knowledge you all have of NY Giant football, but even more so that you all are down to earth and will fit in so well here.

There is a personal message feature on this board that we all use from time to time. If any of you ever need to, you can reach me or any of the admins there. Of course, you always have Jim. If you have any questions about the technical aspects of this board, well MightyGiants is the Genius here, but you can start a thread and ask a question. Someone will always help you. For example, did you know you can customize the way you view this site?

We encourage you to start your own threads when you want to discuss domething in detail or in depth. Also, if any of you take the time to put together an article as Pat Traina does in Traina Thoughts or research a technical aspect of the game, we will review it and post good work on the front page of this site, which is the connection to the outside world. It's Giantsfans.com.

Again, thank you for participating in our forum and I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you. Someday perhaps you will feel comfortable enough to participate in one of our get togethers, either in Albany, at an away game, watching an away game at a local pub or Tailgating with us at Giant Stadium.

Kind Regards,

Ed

jimv

THANKS, vette.  I think this is a GREAT site!

drakew

The softspoken, darkly handsome man in the blue Giants tie sips his evening Gevalia here at the bbs cafe. He turns his handsome visage toward the FNGs, nods and raises his steaming battered old cup en salut. "Welcome to the Huddle, and well-come. We are all a steaming mass of Big Blue fandom, who brooks no teener crap." The tru blu fan gestures with his cup at the dark wooden panels here, with portraits of the GMEN of years past, and local heroes all. "This is the place for you real football types, you will fit right in. Watch out for the one called WEEZE though, his gator-squeezins coctail will lay ya OUT! SMOOOOOOOTH"
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Jaime

vette, thanks. Startin' to feel @ home here.

drakew, good stuff there. I gotta hear more from!

vette5573

Did you all notice that Rich moved your post counts over so you aren't consider a bunch of Rookies?

jimv

Rich is a great guy, vette.  Hope ya don't mind.  I LOVE THIS SITE!

Sam56

As a "young" 67, it's wonderful to give a Happy Birthday to jimv and a special nod to Fladan at 78. No longer will I be "picked-on" by the young-uns like LennG for being the oldest, senile member.  :ok:

Meanwhile, welcome all Tailgaters to our wonderous board, regardless of your age (us old "farts" treat the younger ones with all the respect their writings have proven they deserve). We have been looking forward to your joining us and are also looking toward all your new input and insight into our beloved Giants.

WELCOME!!!

Joeker

Everyone  here has been very gracious with their welcomes, makes the transition easier.  We just gotta work on getting the last few guys over here.
Long live the Tailgate Club!!!

jimv

gregf

Hi Guys!
   I'm really looking forward to getting familiar with this great site.
Before I do, I need help from Mighty Giants. I post 90% by blackberry and its not accepting my username, email, nor password. Can't figure it out. Any suggestions? I tried the link you post on the tailgate club to no avail. I'm usually adept at tech stuff, so this has me stumped.

Jaime

greg, great to see u postin' on this site. Still gettin' my feet wet. Good crew here.
Hope u straighten out your tech stuff. Gints by 8 tomorrow by the way...

jimv

greg, you finally made the HofF.  Congrats!

gregf

Woo hoo! Got it! The log in page is different than the home page on the mobile site!  Happy birthday Jim!  Big 40 for me next week :)

vette5573

If you post your birthdays and other info on the birthdays and demographics thread, I'll update it.

Happy Birthday to Jim and Greg!

giantd86

Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.