News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Thanks to Afan we now have an easy reference list:

http://giantsfans.net/bbhers.doc

With so many new people, it seemed like a good idea for people to get to know one another.   Here is a list of questions, answer the ones you would like to answer.

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?

3)  What do you do for a living?

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?

Also if you modify your profile (the profile button on the top) and put in your date of birth, your birthday will appear on the board's calendar.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

I'll go first

1)  I live in North Jersey, just a stone's throw from the stadium

2)  Been a fan since the early 80s

3)  I am an IT guy working in the public health secrtor.  I am also a volunteer EMT/Rescue tech on a local squad

4)  Can't think of anything else
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveinMD

1. I live in Maryland, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.

2. My first Giants memory is from 1979, but I really started following the team in 1981.

3. I am a political consultant with my own Direct Mail firm.

4.  I am the father of the best 2-year old girl in the world. 

bamagiantfan

Since I haven't updated this in about 3 years, I figured I would make it current.
1. Just south of Birmingham, Alabama - the best kept secret in the country.

2. Started following the Giants in the 70s when 8-8 would have been a great year.

3. Senior Engineer for Southern Nuclear. No, I can't get you Homer Simpson's autograph.

4. I'm actually better described as a soccer coach who works when he can, and my oldest daughter just won the Alabama high school State Championship. I must admit I had little to do with her development other than teaching her a love for the game. She also won two Academic State Championships in environmental science and will represent Alabama and the US with a team of students in the International Championships this summer. My job now is to stay out of her way and not screw her up before she heads off to college on scholarship.  ;)

Two other children; Tatum (15) and Kendall (13) who keep me plenty busy. My wife is a Golden Domer, so she gets the TV to watch her game on Saturday and I get it for mine on Sunday, which makes for a happy marriage. She's a former college researcher and grant writer (Rutgers, Auburn, UAB) that was forced into retirement early due to a physical disability. She is now writing books from home and hopes to have the first of two ready for publication in early 2013.

First name is Mitch.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Kmed6000

1. I just bought a house in central jersey.

2. I guess I was born into being a Giants fan, but my first memory is from the 86 season when I was 10.

3. I am a daytrader and I have recently got into real estate which is what I want to do full time.  

4. I am 31 years old and I have a baby girl who is almost 10 months old.  I look forward to watching the games with her this season.  

giantd86

1. I live in the first state....Dela-Where? but originally from Baldwin LONGISLAND

2. I was born into a Giants family, however, I can remember watching the Giants in the 70's while at Aqueduct with my grandfather.

3. I work in law enforcement.

4. I turned, ahem 40 on June 20th, I am the father of two great kids (1 Boy whose 10 and 1 girl whose 6).  I'm going to kick Kmeds butt in fantasy football.
Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.

Sam56

1.  I live in Greensboro, NC. Moved here on a temporary basis, that has just passed 20 years. BTW, Giant86, I once also lived in Baldwin, LI (on Remsen St).

2.  I became a Giant's fan around 1954. My favorite team is still the NFL Championship team of 1956.

3.  I am retired now. Although it seems like I am busier than when I used to work for a living as a civilian. Retired from the military also, after 20 years in.

4.  Have five children, with our last one a Junior in college. Still sounds funny when I am addressed as Grandpa, Grandfather or any of the other cute phrases my grandchildren have for me.

giantd86

Sam,

I lived on the corner of Westervelt Avenue and Tennyson (right across from Plaza School)....
Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.

ELCHALJE

To reiterate a remark from a few weeks ago, I am so happy to have found this board and all my old and highly intelligent friends from BBGC. 

Anyhow, I was born and raised in New Jersey and became a Giants fan for life during the Conerly/Tittle era.  Passed on from my father and every one else in the Fords, NJ area where I grew up.  I presently live in Clarksville, Maryland, which is mid-way between DC and Baltimore.

To break the ice with new acquaintances, I tell them a little bit abot myself, which goes like this:

"I have four sisters, two older and two younger.  I have a wife.  I have four daughters.  I have a female Golden Retriever and a female cat.  I also have one grandchild, naturally a granddaughter.  So if I walk around as if I'm oblivious to everything, please remember that there is a logical explanation."

I am a Certified Financial Planner and Money Manager.  I also have a fairly strong knowledge about tax matters.  Any BBGC member who would like to make financial/tax inquiries of me is welcome to do so, and I will do my best to respond, free of charge, as feasible.

stugotz

a)  I was raised in Long Beach, NY on Long Island.  I have been residing in Richmond, VA since 1994.

b)  I just turned 56 years old on August 14th and have been a Giant's fan since 1957.  I'll never forget my first Giant's game at Yankee Stadium with Charlie Connerly, Webster, Gifford, Rote, Huff and all the other immortal Giant's of that era.

c)  I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at the Veteran's Hospital in Richmond working with y0ung soldiers returning with spinal cord injuries.  I have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Florida Atlantic University-Go Owls!!  I also have a master's in Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University.

d)  I have two children and 3 grandchildren.  I am divorced and have a very lovely signifcant other.

LennG

I am one of the ones who still reside on Long Island. Just a hop, skip and a jump from Baldwin and Long Beach.

I am 61 and have always been a Giants fan. I say that because when I was a young pup, I was more a Brooklyn Dodger fan than anything else, but I still rooted for the Giants. When O'Malley (may his soul rot in hell forever) took my beloved Bums away, all my energy was directed towards the Giants and it hasn't wained since then. There have been times where it was severely tested, but my blood always has, always will, remain BLUE.

I owned a carpet cleaning business for almost 29 years, and have since given it up. I now work part time installing Lifeline machines (I've fallen and can't get up things).
I umpire baseball games for High School and college and summer leagues. been doing that now for 38 years.
I am a Viet Nam era vet, serving in the Air Force, mostly in Germany, but did a short tour in Viet Nam in the late 60's.

I have been married for 33 years to a wonderful woman who lets me watch all the football I want on Sundays, can't beat that. I have 3 grown children, all still single, with two boys still living at home.

Besides that, I live and die with my Giants. My License plate is GIANTFAN and my pleasure each day is to come here and converse with so many of the good friends I have made during all these years.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

OGHWGA

I'll join in here.

1.  I'm from central NJ and have lived within a 20 square mile area all my life.

2.  I've been a Giants fan as long as I can remember, but I actually get a little more into it every year.  (I'm forty something, and I think I've mentioned before that my development growing up had all the streets named after the great Giants of the late 50's,  Landry, Larsen, Summerall, Tripplet, Renfro, etc.  so it was destiny.)

3.  I have my own crappy business repairing warehouse equipment and automation and sometimes the work is brutal and no fun and I'm not getting rich but do it because I get to go to almost every one of my kids games and most of the time I get to coach, I can earn a living after they've grown up.

4. I've been married for 22 years to the best woman ever.  A great 22 years for me and a horrible 22 for her.   

Shoelessjoe

1.  I live in Somers NY in Westchester county.

2. I've been a Giant fan since 1958 when my dad took me to a Giant steeler game at Yankee stadium.  You could, at that time, buy tickets the day of the game at the stadium box office.  The Giants won on a late field goal by Pat Summeral after a late drive led by Charlie Connerley.

3.  I'm a systems auditor for a Bank in NYC and commute two hours each way.

4.  I've bee married for 28 years and have three sons.  The oldest is now going for his masters in education to become an English teacher.  The middle is going into his second year at a local college.  The youngest just started his freshman year at ASU last week.  His major is Kinesiology and hopes to someday be a trainer and a high school phys ed teacher.

pagan43

1.  I live in scenic Albrightsville, in the western Pocono Mountains of PA. I built my home almost 17 years ago, escaping from NJ, where I lived most of my life in Bergen and Hudson counties. I was born in Mount Vernon NY.

2.  As a youth I hated the Giants for being losers and doormats. But I went to work at The Meadowlands when it opened in '76 and gradually learned to love the Giants by watching them develop from closeup. My father was given two season tickets my Wellington Mara in '80, and the stewardship has passed onto me in '97, on the condition that I provide them to my sister and brother equally. I attended Super Bowl XX in Pasadena, CA, and regard it as the highest point of my career as a Giants fan.

3.  I have worked for a manufacturer of piping system components as a Construction Project Manager from their Allentown, PA office for 9 years. I had been their Western Divisional Manager for the last 7, working in all states west of the Rockies, traveling often. Earlier this year I was promoted to Construction Services Training Manager, and I have been involved in hiring and training for a new design center in Mumbai (Bombay) India, and I have been living there since June. I will return to the US in September.

4.  My wife and I have been married for two years, but we've been together for 11 years now. We each have one kid from a previous marriage. My step son is 18 and about to begin college in San Diego, CA. My daughter is 17 and is about to turn all of my hair white, with her first driver's licence.

Jim143

Dave - "I live in Maryland, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, DC."

Where abouts?  Anywhere near Glenn Burnie?

Will post my profile a little later on . . . .
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."