News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigblueinclearbluenc

I live in South Charlotte, NC for the last 8 years. Born in Queeens, lived most of my life in Levittown or Dix Hills on the Island before moving south.

I've been a Giants fan since about 83

I am a Senor Operations Manager for a 3PL and own a very successful mobile DJ company (wife runs it).

Married with 3 boys (1 w/ex). Too much work but my release is reading and watching big blue. Love the DJ biz. Met some Panthers, Giants (night before a game) and do a lot of work with Hendrix Motorsports, etc. NO hobbies, but I need them. I'm 41.

President Rick

President Rick

Name:      Dr. Richard Owens
We live in Columbus, Ohio.  Giants fan all my life [since the 50's]. 
So is my wife, and our son & daughter.   Birthday Nov. 1.   Go Giants.

Former president of 2 universities, trustee of another.  Now [again] a professor of history, and author:

Potomac (historical novel, 2012)  ISBN 1-60797-2557

Knightime (historical novel, 2006) ISBN  1-4241-4580-5

Conspiracy of Terror (novel, 2001) ISBN  1-59286-247-0

Vigilance and Virtue: A Biography of General and Ambassador Horace Porter.
(history, 2002) ISBN 0-7734-7242-8; 978-0-7734-7242-6

The Neutrality Imperative (history, 2008) ISBN 0-7618-4306-X.

Peaceful Warrior: Horace Porter and American Foreign Relations.
(history, 1990)  ISBN: 0824081951 

Joey Jupiter, Super Sleuth, and the Case of the Dead Goldfish  2011,  ISBN  1-4241-4580-5
(Volume one in a series of Joey Jupiter stories).

Joey Jupiter, Super Sleuth, and the Case of the Dog-Gone Dog
(childrens
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

RitzInFxbg

1)  I live a little south of Fredericksburg Virginia, but have my home on the market. I'm looking to move back to the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area.

2)  I've been a Giants fan since the early 80s.

3)  I'm an insurance agent. I've been in the industry for about 10 years. I've been licensed for about 7

4) I'm getting married in October, I'm selling a house, and will be looking to move soon. Based on a stress relief book I had been reading, that's three of the five most stressful things in life, and I'm looking to get them out of the way within a months time of each other. I never claimed to be the sharpest spoon in the drawer.

I'm a guitarist, producer, and writer of music. This has come to a stop recently as there isn't much time for me to take and do these things. Aside from that, I still like to play sports as much as possible. Adult flag football, adult dodgeball, basketball and volleyball are the ones I'm playing the most right now. Once I move I'll probably be looking to get back into indoor football, or possibly semi-pro, I haven't played since 2005.
So it's to youth I sing you this story
And it's of youth I sing it now
Like the train that derails without warning
Some must leave what they left far behind
So goodbye, sweet Roisin Dubh
I say goodbye

worf49

1) I live in las Vegas but am originally from Stamford Conn.
My home town used to house numerous Giants in the early 60's when the held summer training camp at Fairfield University.  I went to school with Andy Robustelli's oldest son who QB'd the Stamford Catholic high school team.  A very successful HS team I might add.

2) Been a giant fan since 1962.

3) I teach Information Technology Management at college of Southern Nevada.

4) Oh yeah I'm am a Trekkie in case you had not noticed! lol

5) Am in the process of getting my computer forensics certification currently.

mnklagoon

born in Brooklyn new york. i have lived in Mississippi since 1976.
giants fan since the early 70's
registered landscape architect but make my living doing restoration work on historical homes.
crazed flyfisherman and former college football player
divorced with three great kids

tomeee

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?

Yorktown Heights in Westschester County N.Y.

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?

Early 80's

3)  What do you do for a living?

Software Engineer specializing in embedded programming.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?

Enjoy the NFL the best, also a Met fan. I like to boat and golf in my spare time. Married to a great women and have two kids one in college and one in H.S.

giantsguy

Live in Troy, NY [upstate near Albany - 15 minutes from camp !!!]

Giants fan since 1958.   I work for the state court system as a supervisor in the domestic violence registry.

Married 29 years and I have two grown sons who both played football most of their lives right through 4 years in D-3 colleges in NYS [Cortland State and Univ. of Rochester].

Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

kingm56

1) I'm currently living in Iraq, but grew up in Bangor, Maine. My family and I will be moving to Virginia in early November (Redskins country, God save me!)

2)  I've been a fan since the early 80s.  My dad taught me three important things; Love the Giants, Worship the Red Soxs, and hate the Yankees (sorry guys). 

3)  I'm currently assigned to a Combat Communication Squadron in the USAF. 

4)  I have a wonderful son whom I love spending time with.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jim143

Kingm56 - from one former zoomie to another - thank you for your service.

1)  What part of the Country do you live in? - Currently north of Jacksonville, Florida. - Actually closer to the Georgia border than Jacksonvile - any golfers or tennis fans might recognize Amelia Island. . .

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? - All my life.  I like to say I was born into it because on my mother's birth certificate, the "fathers employer" states NY Giants.   I remember at a very young age in the late 60's that I would sit on my grandfathers lap listening to the game and understanding that there was no interuption at all while the game was on.  I still practice that today.

3)  What do you do for a living? - Currently a network administrator for an enterprise level (800 windows servers / 150 Mac servers) for a local school district.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? - I am currently in my second to last semester for my graduate degree in Information Assurance (the latest buzz word meaning Network Security).  In 4 - 5 years, we will be empty nesters and both of us want out of Florida so bad.  We are looking at the Washington / Virginia Areas (g-d forbid I go back to Redskin land - lived in Glenn Burnie 20 years ago) or the Albany area of New York.  But now that they wont have the spring training there, we might have to consider Northern New Jersey :)
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

Kmed6000

kingm56, agreed stay safe and may the red sox lose quickly to ease your pain ;D  Welcome aboard.

T200

Quote from: kingm56 on September 07, 2007, 11:54:30 PM
1) I'm currently living in Iraq, but grew up in Bangor, Maine. My family and I will be moving to Virginia in early November (Redskins country, God save me!)

2)  I've been a fan since the early 80s.  My dad taught me three important things; Love the Giants, Worship the Red Soxs, and hate the Yankees (sorry guys). 

KingM - I also want to pass along my thanks and wishes for your safety.  I was a comm troop (3C0) until about 6 years ago.

GO GIANTS!!!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

terrymeisner

kingm56....i would also like to pass along my thanks to you and anyone else serving in the us military  and the members of the canadian forces as well.....be safe

Shoelessjoe

Quote from: kingm56 on September 07, 2007, 11:54:30 PM

Kingm56, you take care of yourself and thank you.  After dealing with Iraq I think you will have no problem with Washington DC. =D>

RemembersHuff

1. I live just south of Albany on the opposite side of the Hudson, and like GiantsGuy I'm just about 15-20 minutes from training camp.

2. My passion for the Giants is genetically imprinted, going back to my Irish immigrant grandfather on my dad's side. My earliest memories of the Giants are from the late 60's.

3. After 20 years of running my own small advertising and PR firm, I'm currently making my living doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that -- designing graphic presentation pieces for use in trials, copywriting subbed out to me from other agencies, etc.  Also gearing up to start playing solo gigs again after a long absence from making music -- and gearing up includes growing my hair long again and getting my first tat. You're never too old to enjoy a second childhood.

4. I've got a great wife (Nora) and two great kids (Martin, 6 and Elizabeth, 13). I've just built my first electric guitar (a Telecaster copy) from a kit and am about to embark on a 'scratch build', making the body and neck myself from raw lumber. Avid reader, decent cook.