News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troyfan

I live outside of Troy, NY. (surprise, right?).  In my career I've advised Kings, Popes and Presidents on various matters of historical importance.  I also invented the microchip and DOS, which I gave to Gordon Moore and Bill Gates respectively.

What? You say you don't like my Algore routine?  Well, OK..

I've been a Giants fan since The Game.  Allie Sherman, Al Webster, YA, Tucker Frederickson, frantic Fran, somebody Goldstyn, Phil, LT, Mark, Dave, Rodney, and Eli, I've seen them all and forgotten most.  But I've loved watching, reading, and (lately) posting about everyone of them.

Harry Carson is my all-time favorite, a great player and a class guy.  The epitome of the Giants football organization.

I worked in the field of energy economics for 30 years and still consult a bit.  Can't say I've made us energy independent or stopped global warming, but it has been interesting.

My wife and I just celebrated our 35th anniversary.  Our daugther (only child) is a truck driver.  No lie.  And I'm proud as Hell of her.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

GiantFD

1) I live in Hauppauge Long Island.
2) 55 yrs old and a fan since 1961.
3) VP of Sales for a manufacturing company
4) A son 28 yrs old.
5) avid golfer (6 handicap)
6) love most sports... Yankee, Ranger and Knick fan as well.

Rock

1) From a small town in Upstate New York called Corning.  Known for Corning Glassworks Inc.

2) 21 years old and a Giant fan since I could understand what was going on during the games

3) I'm a student, but taking one semester off at the moment to clear up plans for the future

4) Richard aka MightyGiants - Don't know if you'll remember me, but I've been reading this board ever since you gave me the business card when I saw you at Albany.  I was the kid on the bleachers listening to my iPod waiting for practice to start!  I'm actually still using it as a bookmark, haha!  Anyways, I decided recently to register a nick name, and as a usual reader of BBI, I enjoy the maturity and respectful nature you guys try to bring to the discussion board.  Those other guys just get plain annoying after a while.  I'll continue to read on, and thanks for introducing me.
BLEED BLUE!

MightyGiants

Welcome Rock, yeah I remember you.  Glad you decided to log in.  I hope we get to hear some of your thoughts and insights.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

giantd86

Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.

trappedinwv

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM
With so many new people, it seemed like a good idea for people to get to know one another.   Here is a list of questions, answer the ones you would like to answer.

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?

West Virginia

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?

Skins Fan

3)  What do you do for a living?

Wintel Systems/Server Administrator

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?

Also if you modify your profile (the profile button on the top) and put in your date of birth, your birthday will appear on the board's calendar.

GFICO

I was born in Port Jefferson, LI, and we moved to Huntington when I was still a baby.  In 3rd grade we moved to East Orange NJ and migrated to Boonton through Byram Township.  I currently live in Germany.

I've been a Giants fan since the 70s, but didn't really become a fantaic until the 80s.

I'm the program manager for the United States Air Forces in Europe's (USAFE) Emergency Management program.  I also have oversight of 106 chem/bio defense technicians supporting 92 countries throughout USAFE.  In January I'll have 25 years in the Air Force with no plans to retire for at least 2 more years.

I get up asa late/early as 2 AM on Monday to watch the Giants play if they are on TV here.  Sometimes that really hurts.

MickeyJints

I live in Northern Nj but will soon be moving to the Poconos in Pa

I have been a Giants fan since the late 50s when I use to attend games with my father

I was the operations manager for an OTR trucking company from where I retired in Dec of 2006

I have 4 sons that are all Giants fans because I always took them to training camp in Pleasantville, NY when they were younger
MickeyB

thatsnotgross

Hi, i'm 26 years old from Brooklyn, NY.  Born and raised in Brooklyn as well.  Lifelong Giants fan.  Since my family is Chinese, they do not like football. 

I never really posted in BBWC but read many of your posts.  After the split or something, I didn't know where you guys went until someone blurb it out.  Lo and behold, you guys are all here.  Can't wait to read everyone's post again.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

giantd86

Quote from: thatsnotgross on September 25, 2007, 08:28:19 PM
Hi, i'm 26 years old from Brooklyn, NY.  Born and raised in Brooklyn as well.  Lifelong Giants fan.  Since my family is Chinese, they do not like football. 

I never really posted in BBWC but read many of your posts.  After the split or something, I didn't know where you guys went until someone blurb it out.  Lo and behold, you guys are all here.  Can't wait to read everyone's post again.

Welcome Thatsnotgross.....not only read, but post as well....we could use some new insight...
Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.

McGIANTS

Now that I'm finally on board this site (I know, took me long enough) I figured this would be the best place to start posting. By the way, I've been wondering where most of you disappeared to - it's good to see you all again.

I live in Dubuque, IA and I'm probably the only Giants fan who's never actually set foot in New York. Crazy, isn't it? I just had my 33rd birthday on the 25th and I've been a Giants fan for well over 20 years (22 to be exact).

LennG

Hey Fred--How are you doing. How is Ramstein holding up. Are you the one who captured those terrorists and made Ramstein a safe place to be again.

Seriously, you were in my thoughts when we heard about that incident. Hope all is well and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Suburbanites

Hi everyone, it has been a long time.

I live in Parsippany NJ

I've been a die hard fan since the mid 70's, I am 41 years old.

I am a Sales Director for a large British based technology company.

I have a great wife and 3 wonderful kids - Brendan 9, Jack 3 and Bridget 1.

I am currently a graduate student a Columbia University majoring in Technology Management.

MightyGiants

Welcome!  Glad you guys finally made it over here.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE