News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem

Quote from: TampaGiant on April 27, 2015, 04:34:44 PM
He also says Cooper Taylor has Natural athleticism and size that all the guys wish they had, but he is not a hard worker and does the minimum.

First, welcome TampaGiant!!

Now to the comment about Cooper Taylor doing the minimum.....that's discouraging. Opportunity knocks son. Grab it.

TampaGiant

Practice like your kids are watching, play like your parents are watching and live like God is watching.   - Tom Coughlin

drakew

lotsa big blue fans in Flor-i-duh, my evil twin lives in Port Charlotte...
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Tomeee

Tampa thanks for the info on DRC. I think Rolle also played a huge role in why DRC came to NY.

Funny about Taylor. Wasn't he shining in camp last year before he got hurt? All the talk was about how hard he worked and was ready to take it to the next level.

This is a huge opportunity for both Berhe and Taylor which may not come again. It is time to seize the moment.

TampaGiant

DRC said Cooper is uber talented but saying your doing all you can and doing all you can are 2 totally different things. Just meaning Taylor doesn't understand what it takes at that level.

DRC said you have to be hungry in this league. This has to be do or die. A lot of players in this league Black or White don't have a good family or town to go back to. Most players are desperate to stay in the league and would do anything to be there. He said Cooper has a number of things he could fall back on and often talks of them.

To elaborate any further would be putting words in his mouth. But I think what DRC is trying to say is Cooper thinks he's giving it his all but he isn't, he's not scared of not being in the NFL. Kinda like if someone said run as far as you can, you might run 2 miles, put if someone said run as far as you can and was 2 yards behind you in a bulldozer the whole time, you could probably run 10 miles before your legs gave out.

That's how I took it anyway.
Practice like your kids are watching, play like your parents are watching and live like God is watching.   - Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?
Rural area in Upstate New York - somewhere within the triangle created by Syracuse-Ithaca-Binghamton

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?
Since I was old enough to understand football, around the mid-late 50's

3)  What do you do for a living?
Retired Engineer - Trainer/teacher in GD&T and SPC. Still do consulting in GD&T. After traveling the world on business for 8 years, living out of hotels and airports, I left the company and started my own electro-mechanical manufacturing company subcontracting for OEM's. Closed up shop a few years ago.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?
- Divorced
- 3 adult children (had 4, but lost my oldest son from a car accident returning from skiing)
- 6 beautiful grandchildren
- I have degrees in math / statistics and engineering, a graduate of Binghamton University
- Highly opinionated, not always right and often wrong
- hobbies: skiing, fishing, golfing, genealogy, and kind of a movie buff
- I am a gun enthusiast and have a large collection of firearms, but I haven't hunted in years. I shoot paper for fun.
- Besides being a die-hard Giants fan, I also love the Syracuse Orange (my alma mater from grad school), and I'm a discouraged Yankee fan.
- Generally speaking, I am a positive person who always sees a glass half full and tend to be overly optimistic. I tend to avoid negative people for the sake of sanity.

Jolly Blue Giant
I always knew I'd get old. How fast
it happened is a surprise, though  :crazy:

John Welch

I live in the Finger Lakes region of upstate N.Y. Been a Giant fan since mid 70's..I enjoy history,pro and college football and exploring my area of the state (lakes,winery's,gorges)..Retired glass worker with 4 kids

LennG

Quote from: John Welch on May 04, 2016, 04:13:08 PM
I live in the Finger Lakes region of upstate N.Y. Been a Giant fan since mid 70's..I enjoy history,pro and college football and exploring my area of the state (lakes,winery's,gorges)..Retired glass worker with 4 kids

John

Corning glass?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GFICO

It's been a few years since I originally posted and I have been through some major life changes, so here's an update.

1)  I moved from Panama City, Florida last February and now hang my hat in Norhtern VA.

2)  I've been a Giants fan since the mid 70s when I was growing up in Sussex County, NJ.

3)  I now work for the US Army Military District of Washington as an Emergency Manager/CBRN Planner.

4) I love fishing and starting hunting again a few years ago.  I really dig the outdoors.  Also, I hate Northern VA driving.  Some of the worst I've seen.

Scared Homie

1)  What part of the Country do you live in? Small town in upstate NY - Vestal

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? Since 1980

3)  What do you do for a living? Work in IT for a Life Insurance Co.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? Married w/ 3 knuckleheads.

Sem

Quote from: Scared Homie on September 25, 2018, 10:33:51 PM
1)  What part of the Country do you live in? Small town in upstate NY - Vestal

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? Since 1980

3)  What do you do for a living? Work in IT for a Life Insurance Co.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? Married w/ 3 knuckleheads.
Welcome Homie. I'm originally from Endicott, but living on the west coast now.

GordonGekko80

Hey guys

Just joined the forum today... Name's Dom and I live in Zurich, Switzerland

You have to imagine that it's quite hard to find ppl here that actually do understand something about Football AND are Giants Fans. The only one is my uncle but he's not following it so closely as I do.

I try to follow the games as good as I can through NFL GAME PASS but due to the time difference (6 hours to CET) it's sometimes complicated, especially if we play TNF, SNF or MNF.

Anyways, good to be here... Thanks for having me.

Have a good day.

#GiantsPride forever.

MightyGiants

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on October 24, 2018, 10:01:57 AM
Hey guys

Just joined the forum today... Name's Dom and I live in Zurich, Switzerland

You have to imagine that it's quite hard to find ppl here that actually do understand something about Football AND are Giants Fans. The only one is my uncle but he's not following it so closely as I do.

I try to follow the games as good as I can through NFL GAME PASS but due to the time difference (6 hours to CET) it's sometimes complicated, especially if we play TNF, SNF or MNF.

Anyways, good to be here... Thanks for having me.

Have a good day.

#GiantsPride forever.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here! 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

1. From Elizabeth, NJ just bought a house in the one last nice/safe part of Elizabeth lol

2. Been a fan since I would say the mid 90's with the Danny Kanell, Dave Brown and Kent Graham days

3. I am a Police Officer Full Time and in the Air National Guard as a "Cyber Warrior" part time

4. Have 2 kids, 1 son (3 years old) 1 daughter (7 months old) and a Fiance , just turned 30.  Also a (NJ)Nets, Devils and Red Bulls Fan

ozzie

Hello Folks, My name is Lou and I just found this site and joined about a week ago.

1)  What part of the Country do you live in? Born and raised on Long Island, but now live in the Dallas area. A bad place to be if you hate the Cowboys as much as I do!

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? For as long as I've been watching football, so, some 40+ years

3)  What do you do for a living? I work for the local PD in a civilian capacity

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? Also a huge NY Rangers fan!

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara