Author Topic: **Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)  (Read 74780 times)

Sem

• Mod Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all, new here and just wanted to introduce myself
« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2015, 09:20:32 PM »
He also says Cooper Taylor has Natural athleticism and size that all the guys wish they had, but he is not a hard worker and does the minimum.

First, welcome TampaGiant!!

Now to the comment about Cooper Taylor doing the minimum.....that's discouraging. Opportunity knocks son. Grab it.

TampaGiant

• All-Pro
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2015, 09:59:06 PM »
I agree , his chance is now!
Practice like your kids are watching, play like your parents are watching and live like God is watching.   - Tom Coughlin

drakew

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 56
  • ready to rock n roll...
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 27, 2015, 10:15:48 PM »
lotsa big blue fans in Flor-i-duh, my evil twin lives in Port Charlotte...
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Tomeee

« Reply #468 on: April 28, 2015, 07:55:31 AM »
Tampa thanks for the info on DRC. I think Rolle also played a huge role in why DRC came to NY.

Funny about Taylor. Wasn't he shining in camp last year before he got hurt? All the talk was about how hard he worked and was ready to take it to the next level.

This is a huge opportunity for both Berhe and Taylor which may not come again. It is time to seize the moment.

TampaGiant

• All-Pro
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
DRC said Cooper is uber talented but saying your doing all you can and doing all you can are 2 totally different things. Just meaning Taylor doesn't understand what it takes at that level.

DRC said you have to be hungry in this league. This has to be do or die. A lot of players in this league Black or White don't have a good family or town to go back to. Most players are desperate to stay in the league and would do anything to be there. He said Cooper has a number of things he could fall back on and often talks of them.

To elaborate any further would be putting words in his mouth. But I think what DRC is trying to say is Cooper thinks he's giving it his all but he isn't, he's not scared of not being in the NFL. Kinda like if someone said run as far as you can, you might run 2 miles, put if someone said run as far as you can and was 2 yards behind you in a bulldozer the whole time, you could probably run 10 miles before your legs gave out.

That's how I took it anyway.
Practice like your kids are watching, play like your parents are watching and live like God is watching.   - Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 215
    • View Profile
1)  What part of the Country do you live in?
Rural area in Upstate New York - somewhere within the triangle created by Syracuse-Ithaca-Binghamton

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?
Since I was old enough to understand football, around the mid-late 50's

3)  What do you do for a living?
Retired Engineer - Trainer/teacher in GD&T and SPC. Still do consulting in GD&T. After traveling the world on business for 8 years, living out of hotels and airports, I left the company and started my own electro-mechanical manufacturing company subcontracting for OEM's. Closed up shop a few years ago.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?
- Divorced
- 3 adult children (had 4, but lost my oldest son from a car accident returning from skiing)
- 6 beautiful grandchildren
- I have degrees in math / statistics and engineering, a graduate of Binghamton University
- Highly opinionated, not always right and often wrong
- hobbies: skiing, fishing, golfing, genealogy, and kind of a movie buff
- I am a gun enthusiast and have a large collection of firearms, but I haven't hunted in years. I shoot paper for fun.
- Besides being a die-hard Giants fan, I also love the Syracuse Orange (my alma mater from grad school), and I'm a discouraged Yankee fan.
- Generally speaking, I am a positive person who always sees a glass half full and tend to be overly optimistic. I tend to avoid negative people for the sake of sanity.

Jolly Blue Giant
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:15:39 PM by Jolly Blue Giant »

John Welch

• Rookie
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
I live in the Finger Lakes region of upstate N.Y. Been a Giant fan since mid 70's..I enjoy history,pro and college football and exploring my area of the state (lakes,winery's,gorges)..Retired glass worker with 4 kids

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 509
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
I live in the Finger Lakes region of upstate N.Y. Been a Giant fan since mid 70's..I enjoy history,pro and college football and exploring my area of the state (lakes,winery's,gorges)..Retired glass worker with 4 kids

John

Corning glass?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss