News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwa

Quote from: McGIANTS on September 27, 2007, 03:33:20 PM
Now that I'm finally on board this site (I know, took me long enough) I figured this would be the best place to start posting. By the way, I've been wondering where most of you disappeared to - it's good to see you all again.

I live in Dubuque, IA and I'm probably the only Giants fan who's never actually set foot in New York. Crazy, isn't it? I just had my 33rd birthday on the 25th and I've been a Giants fan for well over 20 years (22 to be exact).

-He McGiants I'm curious how did you become a Giants fans living in the Midwest?  It's funny I live and grew up way out on the end of Long Island and before cable came out here, we're talking the early 1980's, the only broadcast football games came by the way of Providence RI and Hartford CT and because of that many of my contemporaries are New England fans.

I wonder if something similar happened out in your neck of the woods.

- Thatsnotgross don't be shy about posting here nobody is going to give you a hard time for being a novice.  In fact you'll find a lot of people eager to help you out in understanding the intricacies of the game.  They do it for me and I've been posting for 10 years on the BBWC.

- All others thanks for coming by, and it's nice to see other team's fans here; thanks Tripping.

NHJINTFAN

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?

I presently live in Keene, NH

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?

Since the early 1960's.

3)  What do you do for a living?

I have been in government security and law enforcement since 1980.  I presently work as a security consultant for the U.S. Department of Defense under the DTRA Cooperative Threat Reduction treaty with the Russian Federation.  I travel to Russia and former Soviet Union satellite countries performing vulnerability assessments at their biological and nuclear storage facilities.  Once our reports are reviewed and approved by US and Russian or FSU nations, our government purchases security upgrades (and we track their implementation) to assist in eliminating insider and outsider threats to those facilities.  I also train security personnel at FSU countries on how to upgrade security programs at their sites.

I work out of my home when not traveling abroad, so to pass the time and get out of the house I work P/T as a NH District Court Bailiff.       

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?

Married to the same lady since 1975.  I have two daughters; one who is married (and expecting our first grandchild) and one in college.

MightyGiants

Welcome NHJINTFAN, if you look back in the profiles you will see there is a poster named GFICO that you have a lot in common with.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

NHJINTFAN

finnref

I live in north Jersey in Bergen county. Twenty minutes from the stadium. Transplanted from Queens, NY. Have been a fan since the early 1950s when I used to go to the  Giant games with my dad at Yankee Stadium. Can still remember the DEFENSE chant which I believe was started by Giant fans. Huff at linebacker is unforgetable. The battles with  Jim Brown of Cleveland were classic. I am now retired  from over 30 years as an orthopedic surgeon.  Have 5 children and the three boys are all Giant fans. One has to put up with  the Bear fans in Chicago.

MightyGiants

Great to have you aboard Finnref.  I don't know how you feel about it, but with your background, it would be great if you could give us better insights into the injury issues that unfortunately always seem to be an issue with the Giants.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

giantd86

Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.

Sam56

Welcome NHJINTFAN and finnref. Looking forward to reading your thoughts and opinions;

finnref, I too remember the Sam Huff and Jim Brown battles at the old Yankee Stadium. From everything I have read, the Giants were the first NFL team to introduce the Defense before certain games, as well as starting the "DEFENSE" chant. I too am a retired, transplanted NYer (Brooklyn, Queens and LI) and also have five children (must have been something in our Fifties NYC water).

yale bowl

I live in Central Connecticut however I grew up in New Haven and was an usher as a kid at the Yale Bowl where the Giants played before the first Giants Stadium was built.

I've been a fan since 1966. A tough year to break in.

I am a high school principal so the frustration of the Giants pales in comparison.

I think I have seen almost every single game since 1966. Just a couple exceptions.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Webster29

Yale Bowl----I'll add my hello and welcome too.  The Yale Bowl is sort of special to me.  I saw my first Giants "home game" there.  As a kid growing up in western NYS I never got to see the Giants play in Yankee Stadium in person.  I did see them play a couple of times against the Steelers in Pitt Stadium but I always wanted to go to a home game.  A good friend of mine was a huge Packer fan so we decided to make the trip east for a Giants/Packers game at the Bowl.  That of course was during the dark times and they lost.  But I had a great time and will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Yale Bowl.

yale bowl

Thanks guys for the welcome!
The Giants won only one game in two years at the bowl. They were always competitive except for the last game vs. the Vikings in the snow (31-7). John Mendenhall was clearly the crowd favorite and the defense kept them in the game. I was a teenager but I remember how loud and zealous the fans were. There were significant fights in the stands as the Cowboy fans were at their arrogant best during the early 70's.

GiantFan67

Welcome Yale Bowl.  My son and I attended the Minnesota game at the bowl. It was a wretched day. As I remember, it was both snowy and rainy. The weather took its toll on my son and we left at the end of the third quarter.

files58

I live in Northern New Jersey- Bergen County, about 15 minutes from the stadium. Born and raised on the Lower East Side of Manhattan.

Been a fan since 1965(9 yrs. old) with vague memories of 1964. Tucker Frederickson was my favorite player. I inherited Giantitis from my father(may he rest in peace).

I am an executive recruiter with a focus on advertising/marketing professionals that support the pharmaceutical industry.

Married for 7 1/2 yrs to my lovely wife and we have the most adorable 3 yr old boy/girl twins. Yes thats right I am 50 yrs. young with 3 yr old twins.

Uni

I live in Montclair NJ and grew up in Fort Lee NJ.

Been a fan since 1981.  Before hand, I was a Cowboys then Steelers "fan", but I didn't know much about football in elementary school.  When I started wanting to watch a understand the game, I realized that I would have to root for the Jets or Giants if I wanted to see them every week.  I picked the Giants because they were a stone's throw away in East Rutherford (the Jets were still in Shea at the time). 

I am an IT Director at an apparel company.

Married for 3 1/2 years with a 2 year old daughter who WILL be a Ginats fan.