News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?
     Upstate NY and Central Coast California

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?
     Since about the mid to late '60s

3)  What do you do for a living?
     Work in the IT sector, used to like it.

4)  Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?
     I like the Giants, fishing, and music, but not all at the same time.
     Two "kids" daughter 21 and son 24.
     My wife was recently diagnosed with MS though currently doing quite well.

Shoelessjoe

Quote from: pagan43 on August 30, 2007, 02:47:35 AM
1.  I live in scenic Albrightsville, in the western Pocono Mountains of PA. I built my home almost 17 years ago, escaping from NJ, where I lived most of my life in Bergen and Hudson counties. I was born in Mount Vernon NY.

I was born and went to school in Mount Vernon NY also?  I graduated in 1967 from the high school.

T200

Also a resident of Dela-Where???

Since the early 80's.

Network Engineer.

Second place is the first loser...
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

terrymeisner

i live in the great white north......bewdley, ontario  (about an hour east of toronto)

Since the mid 80's.

printing pressman

divorced and single with two kids that are  both married.....kristy 27 and brent 25

love to golf, although im still a hacker

expatriot

Hi Everyone: (I drifted over from the other Borad)

I live in Ellicott City Maryland between Baltimore and Washington, DC  (very unfriendly Giants territory)

Been a fan since around 1970

I own my own business. We employee nurses as consultants in several states to handle medical issues in Short and Long Term Disability, Workers Compensation, Medicare and catastrophic health cases.

I am 48 married and have 3 kids. One just staretd college at West Virginia, my middle child is 13 and my baby is now 7.  therfore I will have to work until I drop. :)

I love the Giants, Mets, Knicks and Rangers.   I play a very little golf and completely suck at it.  I love the beach and either surfing or body surfing.  I play flag football for my Alma Mater in DC in the fall as a wideout.  Most of my team mates weren't born when I graduated.

frateb

Long Island, New York...

Since the 80's mostly because all my friends were Jet fans...

I work for the New York Times... in Sales...

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?
Married, 1 child (15 months now, should update that profile pic)...

spider68

I live in Hartford, CT

I have been a fan since I was old enough - around 1968.

I work for an Insurance company.

I became a Giants fan because my Aunt had season tickets from the early 1950's until the Meadowlands. I was very fortunate to have seen the Giants twice in the old Yankee stadium, and twice in Yale Bowl while the Meadowlands was being built.

SonofMojo40

Hi to all,

I live on the campus of Florida Christian College in Kissimmee, Fl (South of Orlando). As a youngchild I lived in Rochester, NY until the age of 12. My family moved to Glenvill, NY when I was 13, and went to high school at CBA, and graduated in '95. Once I complete my degree here at FCC, my wife and I plan to move out of Florida, due to the outrageous prices in home-ownership. On average, a 3 bedroom 2 bath house here goes for roughly $300,000, and seeing how I will become an ordained minister soon, I do not believe that I will be able to afford houses in that range, so we plan on moving to states in the South (Alabama, Georgia, S. Carolina, N. Carolina, Tenn).

I have been a Giants fan since I can remember (7 or 8 years old). I used to get into trouble a lot, and my father grounded me all of the time. He couldn't trust me too much, so he used to make me sit down and watch the Giants with him. I remember him yelling at the t.v. often, and it used to make me laugh a bunch. I guess it made me like the Giants for that reason, and it just kept on growing inside me.

I am currently in college working on my major (Counseling) and minor (Youth Ministry) at Florida Christian College. I am currently in my Junior year, and work two full-time jobs. My first job is working at a local Christian High School, that enrolls students that have been expelled from the areas local public schools. Eventhough the school has the title "Christian" on it, most students are minorities that belong too, or have come from gangs of all sorts. Most kids also come from broken homes, and do not speak much of the English language. I work in the school as a tutor/counselor, and love it so much. My second job is during the summer and I run a high school summer camp for the city. I also help run D-groups for my Church, and go out and minister at pubs/bars/pool halls.

I am married to my wife (Misty), and we have 4 children. Cheyenne (10), Gracie 8, Aj (6), and Emmalee (4). Yes, we have suffered through many broken tv's in our earlier relationship years  ;D I tried out to play quarterback for a local Arena Football team and to my surprise, I made the first cutts. I was one of 4 guys who were asked to stay after the initial try outs to continue on, and than was blown away by the other 3 guys (Who all played at major D-1 colleges). I coach my College's flag football team, and also play quarterback for them. I was recently asked to coach my son and daughter's football team this year, and that is on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I am also in a steel-tip dart league, and can hold my own for most of the time.

We recently had the fantasy football draft, and I think I am a huge sleeper to win it. So watch out guys  ;)
"I have been blessed throughout my life right from the start and those blessings were given to me from God" (Mojo40).

Peace to all,
In Christ,
Aaron

DaveinMD

Quote from: Jim143 on August 30, 2007, 07:07:50 AM
Dave - "I live in Maryland, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, DC."

Where abouts?  Anywhere near Glenn Burnie?

Will post my profile a little later on . . . .

Burtonsville.  Not too far from you.

Bob In PA

1. I'm in Harrisburg, PA (the state capital).

2. All my life (since the late 50's).

3. Have three jobs (one is working for the PA state government).

4. My wife and daughter are also Giants fans.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

55 reasons

I split my time between NY and S. Fla  (almost all the giant games are on regular TV)
I'm 50  Big Blue fan for 40 of those years  My dad gave up season tickets with move to Jersey   He tried to convince my sister to NOT be a giants fan as they will break your heart 
I earn my living as an electrician  Sometimes when Eli scrambles in the throwback uniform I think I'm looking at Fran the man

mbigblue

Montreal, Canada

I jump on the Giant bandwagon in 1990 and never got off.

I am a machinist working in the aviation industry. 

I love sports more than anything.  Baseball and football are my two favorites.  I am more passionate about my Giants  but ironically, baseball is my favorite sports to watch.  I was an Expos season ticket holder from 2001 to 2004.  I was lucky enough to attend to the "blue Monday" game in 1981 as an 8th year old kid.  To this day, even with guys like Eric Gagn

bdakblue

I live in Aberdeen, South Dakota which is in the heart of Vikings country.

I've been a Giants fan since the days of Gifford, Robustelli, Huff and Y.A Tittle.

I am a mental health therapist and corporate consultant. I do extensive work in chemical dependency and domestic violence. I'm 62 years old and looking forward to retirement in two years.

I have five children and six grandchildren who all live in the Minneapolis area. I am an avid Michigan fan and travel to at least one game in the Big House every year. Love to fish and hunt. We are the mecca for pheasant hunting.

55 reasons

Quote from: bdakblue on September 02, 2007, 12:55:54 PM
I live in Aberdeen, South Dakota which is in the heart of Vikings country.

I've been a Giants fan since the days of Gifford, Robustelli, Huff and Y.A Tittle.

I am a mental health therapist and corporate consultant. I do extensive work in chemical dependency and domestic violence. I'm 62 years old and looking forward to retirement in two years.

I have five children and six grandchildren who all live in the Minneapolis area. I am an avid Michigan fan and travel to at least one game in the Big House every year. Love to fish and hunt. We are the mecca for pheasant hunting.

wow ;; my condolences on yesterday's loss

Webster29

I live in Jamestown NY which is in the southwestern corner of NYS about 70 miles south of Buffalo and about 45 miles east of Erie, Pa.  Right in the middle of Bills, Steelers and Browns country.

I have been a Giants fan since the mid-50's when we would get all the Cleveland Brown's games on tv.  Just loved watching Huff vs Brown.

I worked in common carrier trucking for 20+ years in operations supervision and sales until the bottom fell out of the industry.  Since then I worked for the
Jamestown Police Department and now the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Department in communications.  We dispatch police, fire, ems and nonemergency equipment as needed. 

My son and I are both certified NYS football officials.  Yup, we are zebras and just love it.  Like Terry M.  I have a passion for golf.   And I truly stink at it.  Usually struggle to break 100.  Big fan of the Yankees and also follow the Rangers in hockey.  I enjoy watching the future stars of the NHL play in the Ontario Hockey League as Erie Pa. has a team in that league, the Otters.