News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pick the Points Tournament

Started by vette5573, January 04, 2010, 11:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

Pick the total score of each game and if you come within 7 points of the actual combined score without going over, you win the points you picked for that game. For example, if you pick the total points of both teams combined for a game to be 45 and the actual score is 49, you win the 45 points. If you had picked 41 or 50, you would not pick up any points. The closer you come without going over is the object of the game.

You pick the combined score of each playoff game of the week. Your points total will be carried over each week and into the Superbowl. The top score at the end of the tournament is the winner.

There will be a bonus for hitting the exact total in the Championship and Superbowl weeks of double the points. Only those weeks, not the first two playoff weeks.

The spread is up as a reference point only. It has nothing to do with point awards. You can change your points by editing your post, but have your final picks in by Saturday morning 10am.

Good Luck!

NY Jets At Cincinnati   34.5
Philadelphia At Dallas  45
Baltimore At New England  43
Green Bay At Arizona  47.5

vette5573

NY Jets At Cincinnati -  33
Philadelphia At Dallas - 46
Baltimore At New England - 41
Green Bay At Arizona - 48

XNYrnLA

NY Jets At Cincinnati -  31
Philadelphia At Dallas - 41
Baltimore At New England - 37
Green Bay At Arizona - 51
"" This team is now 3 players away from being a winning playoff team ""

babywhales

NY Jets At Cincinnati   32
Philadelphia At Dallas  48
Baltimore At New England  42
Green Bay At Arizona  36
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

giantd86

NY Jets At Cincinnati   x
Philadelphia At Dallas  51
Baltimore At New England  39
Green Bay At Arizona  60
Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.

tomeee

NY Jets At Cincinnati -  x
Philadelphia At Dallas - 50
Baltimore At New England - 38
Green Bay At Arizona - 40

bamagiantfan

NY Jets At Cincinnati   34
Philadelphia At Dallas  41
Baltimore At New England  27
Green Bay At Arizona  49
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Jim143

Philadelphia At Dallas - 48
Baltimore At New England - 28
Green Bay At Arizona - 37
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

Cid in Dupont

NY Jets At Cincinnati   x
Philadelphia At Dallas  43
Baltimore At New England  39
Green Bay At Arizona  47

This is a crazy game...I love it!

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

LennG

Jets/Cin============x
Philly/Pukes========= 41
Ravens/NE==========41
Ariz/GB=============41

This is easy :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

vette5573

Quote from: LennG on January 05, 2010, 07:38:46 PM

I made this game up and as the other game and I'm not aware it exists anywhere else, but I thought of a strategy that would apply here as to give one an edge. That would be to see the point picks of the other players and then adjust your point pick based on that information and the player's expected high low of the actual score. It's kind of like a poker game.

bamagiantfan

Quote from: vette5573 on January 06, 2010, 07:10:51 AM

I made this game up and as the other game and I'm not aware it exists anywhere else, but I thought of a strategy that would apply here as to give one an edge. That would be to see the point picks of the other players and then adjust your point pick based on that information and the player's expected high low of the actual score. It's kind of like a poker game.

..........without going over.

I thought I could do this before Monday night's Boise St. vs. TCU game, but when those two combined for less that 30 points I was stunned. Who knows?  :-??
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

LennG

Quote from: vette5573 on January 06, 2010, 07:10:51 AM

I was just being a bit silly. I should have indicated that.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

nygnts4ever

Best wishes for a great 2010 to all.  Sorry if I got a little crazy at times in 2009...love this place....

igglets At girls - 30
Baltimore At New England - 30
Green Bay At Arizona - 36

Just trying something different...thanks for coming up with something that will at least hold our interest through the playoffs.....
Kevin Karcher

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

Rocky56

Philadelphia At Dallas - 50
Baltimore At New England - 46
Green Bay At Arizona - 37
You do or you do not! There is no try.