News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH NFL Draft 2010 Preview - Offensive Tackle's

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 06, 2010, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
The group of Tackles available in the 2010 NFL Draft is comparable in if not better overall than 2008

tomeee

Great stuff this draft should be exciting. Sitting at 15 means someone unexpected could fall into the Giants lap. I like the scenario with adding depth in the latter rounds.

troyfan

Thanks, UK.  Excellent and informative as always.

Your recap of the Giants thinking I hope is true.  Specifically, that they forego an OL in round 1, get a quality pick in 2 or 3 and use camp to see where the pieces fit best.  If we trade our 15th for the Eagles' first 2 we could wind up with very nice LB, OL and S/DL/DB propects.  Even RB depth if we're worried about the incumbents.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

Jaime

UK, terrific report! One that included all the details I picked up on OT Prospects lately.
I think we go OT no later than 3rd rd. The pool is deep here for a position of need. Plenty of options as u stated depending upon how big a stud we land. I favor snagging a RT to backup Kareem. I believe Beatty will handle LT well enough to allow Diehl to slide. He'll continue to improve @ LT as his reps accumulate.

Also don't believe Kareem can make it through the season with his back. @ some point next season, we'll have upgraded  three out of five positions on our OL. Our sixth OL (Suebert) will be improved as well.