News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH NFL Draft 2010 Preview - Inside/Middle Linebackers

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 21, 2010, 01:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
This is a very poor year for MLB

tomeee

Cid in Dupont

Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

NYSPORTS

troyfan

Thank you UK!  JR has the green light.

"What do I think the Giants should do?

Right now, the Giants don
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

Eli10

Nice write up - saw Butler twice last year - was impressed with everything he did. If no McClain - I think Butler/Lee/Spikes - any one of the three could please me.

Feel bad for Spikes - I think he is a keeper and will have a chip on his shoulder - he goes in Rd 3 or 4 - somebody gets an angry/hungry player. All he did in college was perform at a high level in the best conf in the country...I would be very happy with him - perhaps not so matching up against Westbrook types - but I think he is still worth a look in Rd 2...I think his game is nice and he is physical..

We have to remember if KP comes back - we have 2 extremely gifted athletes at S - that cures many ills over the middle. I am not ruling out Spikes..

NYSPORTS

Would not be shocked if Spikes goes earlier than expected.  Afterall, if speed, agility and strength were all that mattered, Chaney would likely be the very first MIKE off the board.

Gmo11

I would imagine Spikes goes off the board in the 2nd round at some point and the Giants could certainly do worse than him with their pick in the 2nd round.  But I still am holding out hope against hope they can land McClain.  Seems Ceri doesn't share the same enthusiasm that I do for that young man but to me he's head and shoulders above the rest.  To the point that if a trade up to get him is necessary so be it.  Just watching him play he seemed like he was always one of the 2 or 3 best players in the game each and every week.  Playing in the SEC that's not easy task.  I imagine he can step in from Day 1, take over the MLB, and never look back.  Not sure I can say that about any of the other MLBs in the draft.  Spikes might come the closest though.

Eli10

GMO - I think Spikes can come close...I will go you one better - I thought McClain was the best player on the field every time he played - thought that when he was a soph as well....Perhaps the Fla games as an exception - with Tebow...

My mantra and I know people are sick of it - he was the best player on the best defense of the best team in the country...

Everybody loves Cody and says he shielded him which he did - but remember Cody comes off the field quite a bit - poorly conditioned athlete - struggled in humid conditions - saw that 400 lbs on the sideline quite a bit...By the way mocking the large one aside - I would also like Cody on my team..

Cid in Dupont

Eli, I wish I could share your enthusiasm for McClain...but alas given the Giants' DL I'd go with Spikes (in round 2), who IMHO can shed blockers better and is a better tackler.  That would open the 15th pick up to other positions...like OL, or even WR.

O.K. before everyone jumps all over me...what if Dez Bryant was there @ 15?  (no McClain, Spiller, or Williams).  Why wouldn't we take the best WR to come out of college in some time?  Bigger & faster than anyone currently on our team (sans Barden)...We'd then be starting Nicks, Smith, Bryant with MM coming in on 4 receiver sets...not even Philly's WR could rank with that.

However, I'm sure if that were the case, the Giants would find a trading partner in love with Bryant and move down & hope Lupati or Pouncey, or Earl Thomas will still be there.  Then grab Lee/Spikes in the 2nd round.

Cid

P.S. Mighty...you were correct this is the hardest draft to figure out in years.
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

jimv