News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

For the record- who would you have drafted?

Started by MightyGiants, April 26, 2010, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

You can take the Giants pick or anyone below that choice (no trades).  I will archive this post so we can revisit it after the season is over.  Feel free to do the top pick or the top 3 or the entire 7 picks.

Here is a helpful link to build your draft list:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft;_ylt=ArCyEAdoptbgaLMqDuCCTPDXb6x_
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

I would have taken Pouncey with #15 as a high value and solid need especially in 2011-2012 and beyond, and saved the DE - DT- LB picks for later in rounds 2,3,4, with no safety in rounds 1-4..
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

jerseyguy

I would have taken Weatherspoon, I think he fits our defense and I like his motor and after that I wanted Sean Lee but none of that happened and until I see a reason for it I guess I will always wonder...

todge

MightyGiants

1) OC/OG Pouncey
2) DT Williams
3) ILB Butler
4) ILB Phillip Dillard
5) OL Chris Scott
6) RB Jonathan Dwyer
7) P Dodge
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

troyfan

Don't know, but w/ McClain gone I would have traded down.  Or Dan Williams, who I thought should have gone about then but didn't.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

bamagiantfan

1. Iupati
2. Terrance Cody - so I have little problem with Joseph, a similar pick
3. Donald Butler (LB)  - and be kicking myself that I let Spikes and Angerer slip by in Round 2
4. Matt Tennent (C) - yes, I could have waited and got him in the 5th
5. Greg Hardy (DE) - If he recovers from his injuries, he's a stud
6.  ~X( Frisco took Byham!?  ~X( . Ok then, James Starks (RB) - As good as anybody in this draft after Spiller and Matthews (jeez I really wanted that blocking TE from Pitt.  ~X(
7. I would have passed on Dodge and hoped to sign him as an UDFA. I'd take Blue Cooper (WR) - he sounds like a Giant.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Cid in Dupont

I would have taken Pouncey or Morgan.  Otherwise I would have traded down to early 2nd round & taken Lee then and then a DT or another ILB with the 3rd pick.

Cid

Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

Grime Time

Get busy livin ,  or get busy dying.

NYSPORTS

My first pick was Williams yet considering what was on the board, I would have been more conservative and selected DE Morgan.

Pierre-Paul has more upside yet I view Morgan as a safer pick.  He reminds more of the Strahan/Tuck mold while Pierre-Paul reminds me more of Osi.  I don't see Jevon Kearse.

joeynygiants

I would had done a poor job, for the giants and you guys knew the players than I do.

PSUBeirut

1) Derrick Morgan
2)  Sean Lee
3)  J.D. Walton
4)  Thaddeus Gibson
5)  Mitch Petrus
6)  Jonathon Dwyer
7)  Matt Dodge

I like Morgan better than JPP.  I think we're fine at DT right now.  I like the Joseph pick, but I definitely would have gone with Lee.  Got a good center in round 3 and kept the guard in round 5.  Picked up some RB depth with great value in round 6.  I wanted 2 LB's out of this draft and I think Lee and Gibson would have been great additions!

Slick

1.Derrick Morgan
2.Daryl Washington
3.Chad Jones

Eli10

1. Morgan
2. Butler
3. Jones

If not Morgan - I would have moved back about 5 spots and grabbed Pouncey or Iupati..

Happy with Rounds 2 and 3 and 4...Not so much on Rd 1 - I will let it play out but see no year 1 help from JPP - situational only..

todge

According to Pat at Inside Football - inside sources have stated that Spiller was the Giants' first choice, followed by McClain and then JPP.