News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Summer Training Camp Barbecue - Attendance & Shopping List

Started by G-Girl, June 14, 2010, 10:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squibber

Pagan43,

I hope there won't be any pagan rituals.  How about camoflauge colored colored cups?  Enough with the corny jokes.

So once I turn into the park, you guys will be the first group we see?  It wouldn't be a bad idea to have an official "greeter" to take the first timers around and introduce them to the regulars.  Just a suggestion.

Luigi(Lou)

pagan43

You know, Lou, when I first read your suggestion about the camoflage cups, I thought: "That's a GREAT IDEA!!"

You had me going there. :confused:

I'd be glad to walk you or anyone else around and introduce you (and I'll gladly share that duty with anyone else who would enjoy that opportunity).

If we haven't already met before you arrive at the BBQ, look for me wearing my white, "PAGAN 43" jersey and red Giants dew-rag. Our group will be on the right side of the park as you enter the park road.

Actually once before, at an earlier BBQ, someone brought name tag stickers. I wonder if they are still around someplace, or if anyone has a package of them available? Should we put it on the list?

As for the pagan rituals... Lou, you bring the fruited wine and I'll bring the fatted calf. Together, we'll petition the football gods to keep injury gremlins far away from our heroes in Blue. The ceremony is not too uncomfortable. However, at one point you may be asked to expose a single, bare butt cheek.

(I promise you, that will only happen if absolutely necessary.)

pagan43

troyfan

I'm coming.  My wife isn't.  I think I still have an old Jason Sehorn jersey.  Where's the shopping list?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

pagan43

Troyfan, look at page one of this thread.

You will find that most of the items on the list have already found volunteers ready to bring them.

What I think might be a valuable addition at this point is a spare cooler with a few bags of ice, to serve as a reserve.

Is that something you might be able to pitch in with?

pagan43

troyfan

Cooler and ice, no problem!  Plus I'll look at page 1.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

vstaj(grizz)

'
   I'm going to suggest that we wear banners with our poster's name on it.   

I'm opting to wear one that says "MIGHTY GIANTS" in large print and in smaller print "I'M THE GUY THAT CREATED THIS PLACE..................YOU'RE BUYING ". 

LennG

As some already know, I haven't made a committment to this years BBQ. The dates are all wrong for me.
I am doing my best to try and make it, but if I do, more than likely it will only be for the day and I won't know until the very last minute.
I really hate missing these events, but personal life comes first.
all I can say is I am working on it.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

There has been a small roadblock thrown up as to if my wife and I will be attending.  I just returned home today from a two day stay at the local hospital with a collapsed lung.  If you have never had one of those, I will tell you it's not a lot of fun.  I have a followup visit with the surgeon on Aug 5.  At this point in time I can't say for sure if I will be feeling well enough to make the trip but we are still hoping that things will be good enough to come.  I will keep our names on the list and if things go well we will see you Friday the 6th at the dinner.

Bill     
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

vette5573

We hope your ok Bill. We would like for you to be there, but if you don't feel up to it, there is always next year.

Quote from: ps11yat14 on July 30, 2010, 03:26:49 PM
There has been a small roadblock thrown up as to if my wife and I will be attending.  I just returned home today from a two day stay at the local hospital with a collapsed lung.  If you have never had one of those, I will tell you it's not a lot of fun.  I have a followup visit with the surgeon on Aug 5.  At this point in time I can't say for sure if I will be feeling well enough to make the trip but we are still hoping that things will be good enough to come.  I will keep our names on the list and if things go well we will see you Friday the 6th at the dinner.

Bill     

Bill Brown

Thanks Vette;

But that's what I said last year when our plans fell apart due to my best friend from college and his wife showing up to stay with us on last years BBQ weekend.  I still think we'll make it down.  Just might have to take it easy.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

mbigblue

Well, after a long debate,  Martine and I will make it to camp this year.  Unfortunatly, we will do it as a round trip.  Depending on how long it is at the border, we should be in Albany between 12 and 2PM. 

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Fred

LennG

I am sorry to say I will not be able to make camp this year. I was truly looking forward to meeting some of our new members and renewing old acquaintances, but it will just have to wait.

Have a great time and I will be thinking of you all.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

tomeee

Things did not work out for me either. I was really looking forward to getting to camp this year and meeting the group. The weather forecast starting on Friday sounds great. To all those who are fortunate to be attending enjoy the BBQ, take pictures and write up some nice camp reports.

vette5573

Bummer on Lenn and Tommy, But I'll see you gentlemen during the season I'm sure.

We should exchange phone numbers for any new comers to get in touch with the group for directions etc. Use the personal message feature for Rich or I and we will exchange cell phone numbers. I recommend not putting your phone number on this thread as outsiders can read it.

pagan43

Good idea V.

I've sent pm's to everyone on my list who has confirmed their attendence at the BBQ.

If any of you feel comfortable, please reply with a pm back to me that has your number too.

Thanks!

Looking forward to a great weekend!

pagan43