News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Albany Training Camp Dinner & Brunch - Sign Up : UPDATED 8/5/10

Started by pagan43, July 29, 2010, 09:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pagan43

This thread is for everyone who is planning on being in Albany on the evening of Friday, August 6th. and staying at least overnight on Saturday, August 7th, so as to remain in Albany until the morning of Sunday, August 8th.

UPDATED - 8/5/10 : BBH Albany Training Camp Dinner will be held at the Barnsider Restuarant
Friday, Aug.6th (reservations for the "BBH" are for 6 pm, meet in the lounge for a beverage at about 5:30 pm)

Once again, some BBH'rs who will arrive at least the day before the annual BBQ will get together at a local restaurant for drinks and dinner on the night before. This is the ice breaker event of the weekend, and certain to be a really great time for all who attends. It is a pay-as-you-go event, where separate checks are the norm.

The Barnsider restaurant (shown on the official map as location (3), in the "Maps & Directions" thread) offers a fine selection from Seafood to Steak.

Their menu can be found at:
http://www.barnsiderrestaurant.com/
(unfortunately, this menu, while complete is also without pricing)

Reservation for 15 have been made, but this can easily be expanded to allow any number of late additions Please PM me at soon as possible if you have not yet declared your intention to join us.

BBH Albany Training Camp Dinner:

ps11yat14 +1
Vette +1
G-Girl +1
pagan43
Jaime +1
jimv +1
MightyGiants
RemembersHuff
murderhill
TuckerF +1

BBH Albany Training Camp Brunch, Sunday, Aug.8th (approx. 10 am 'till "whenever")

In the past, some BBH'rs who stayed at least overnight in Albany after the annual BBQ got together at a local restaurant for brunch on the following day. This has become the farewell event of the weekend, and a really great time for all who attend. It is also a pay-as-you-go event, where separate checks are the norm.

Last year the Training Camp Brunch was held at the Cheesecake Factory restaurant at the Colonie Center Mall (the mall is shown on the official map as location (D), in the "Maps & Directions" thread). They offered a wide variety from Traditional to Decadent. Brunch for two cost me less than $35 (and G-Girl has a habit of selecting the most expensive items on the damned menu, no matter what meal it is).

Their menu can be found at:
www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/Sunday+Brunch
(unfortunately, this menu, while complete is also without pricing)

If there are any suggestions for having the Brunch at an alternate restaurant, please post your suggestions below.

Otherwise, please use this thread to post if you intend to attend the BBH Albany Training Camp Brunch:
(I am transferring names of those who previously responded in the BBH BBQ thread)

Vette +1
G-Girl
pagan43 +1
MightyGiants
ps11yat14 +1
Boogman +1

I will update this thread so that it also becomes a roster of who is planning on attending.

pagan43

MightyGiants

Was the brunch time a typo?  I am think 9 at night is a bit late for brunch ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimv

My friend & I will be at the Friday night dinner but not the brunch.

pagan43

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2010, 09:37:23 AM
Was the brunch time a typo?  I am think 9 at night is a bit late for brunch ;)

It's a new thing... er... uhm...  Late Night Brunch!

Yeah, that's right!  Late Night Brunch.

We BBH'rs are way ahead of the curve on these things. Trend Setters, you could call us.

9:30 PM Brunch. That's about right!

And, we'll be having dinner in the morning from now on too!

Now, how about a little tack in this thread...

pagan43

(thanks for the tack!!)

vette5573

pagan43

Quote from: vette on July 29, 2010, 06:30:00 PM
Dave, I called the CCF and they open at 10am.

Thanks Ed!!

Obviously I was just winging it. Shooting from the hip, as it were. Spit-balling, you know?

So, can I assume from your actions that you are "all good" with the choices of venues??

pagan43

vette5573

I'm good for whatever everyone likes. Those places have never disappointed.

Bill Brown

My lovely wife has asked me to ask you folks what is the attire at the Barnsider?  Shorts or casual type pants etc.

We also plan to go to the Sunday brunch as well.

Thanks

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

G-Girl

The Barnsider is a casual dinning restaurant.

I plan to wear a nice top with either a pair of jeans or capris. I might even wear a sundress with a little sweater over it, because it gets cool after the sun goes down.

G-Girl

pagan43

Quote from: G-Girl on July 31, 2010, 11:27:18 AM
The Barnsider is a casual dinning restaurant.

I plan to wear a nice top with either a pair of jeans or capris. I might even wear a sundress with a little sweater over it, because it gets cool after the sun goes down.

G-Girl

I was thinking of wearing a sundress too.

Now I guess I'll have to wear the capris.

Curses!! Foiled again by G-Girl!!

Why!! Why!!

pagan43

RemembersHuff

Added my name to the dinner list (what's the point in being a moderator if you can't abuse the priveges?) as I'm 97% sure that I'll be able to make it.  I'll miss the BBQ and brunch as I'm heading out of town the following morning, but I'm looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it to dinner.

The Barnsider has always been a pretty reliable steak place, and it's not too far or hard to find from the University-area hotels. I could recommend a bunch of other area restaurants and would be happy to do so for anyone who's staying around longer, but I think it's a great choice for Friday night.

murderhill

I am, unfortunately, /??? ambivalent about Friday and Sunday.  My "getting the Motorcycle ready for this trip" has taken a weird turn.  I'll explain it when I get down there but I had been thinking that if i could find a spot of ground to set up a tent near Albany, I might make it to the Friday night affair.  No promises.  Sunday, again will depend where I stay Saturday night.  Spontaneity is how I work most of the time.   If I plan to do something, there's a 50/50 chance I'll blow it.  So I'll see how it goes.  Can't sign up though.

vette5573

pagan43

Ed, I plan on giving the Barnsider a call this afternoon (Wednesday), with what looks like a reservation for 12 to 14 (unless there is a big rush of late comers that push that number up).

I will wait to call the Cheesecake factory until Saturday, because I think we might have some people who will commit closer to the actual time.

pagan43

RemembersHuff

Quote from: murderhill on August 03, 2010, 09:43:02 PM
I am, unfortunately, /??? ambivalent about Friday and Sunday.  My "getting the Motorcycle ready for this trip" has taken a weird turn.  I'll explain it when I get down there but I had been thinking that if i could find a spot of ground to set up a tent near Albany, I might make it to the Friday night affair.  No promises.  Sunday, again will depend where I stay Saturday night.  Spontaneity is how I work most of the time.   If I plan to do something, there's a 50/50 chance I'll blow it.  So I'll see how it goes.  Can't sign up though.

Not sure what your definition of 'near' is, but there's a very nice state campground outside of Albany at Thompson's Lake. Beautiful place. On the other hand, if you're only crashing there Friday night and won't be spending any time there, you might not care how scenic it is.  There might be some places around Guilderland, which is adjacent to the part of Albany where the U Albany campus is located.