News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The BBH Weekend Wrap Up

Started by vette5573, August 08, 2010, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

Well, the weather was absolutely fantastic. The best we have ever had for this weekend. It was truly a pleasure to meet all the new comers to the event and to see old friends again, especially the ones I haven't seen in a long time like Grizz. This truly is a community of friends.

Thanks to Dave and Cindy for planning all this and for setting up the camp site with Bill's Daughter the lovely Wendy. You all did a fantastic job! Tip of the Cap to you all.

The food was great as well as the company. Ralph had to bow out, due to professional obligations and we missed him not just as a guest but for his warm and engaging personality.

The dinner on Friday night was very good and we had dinner last night at a Japanese Habachi place called Hana's. It was excellent! We should consider trying that for the dinner next year.

All things considered, I come to this event weekend to meet up with everyone. Training camp is secondary. I hope TC can exercise his influence and keep this Albany Camp going. It's good for the team and it sure works for us.

COACHJIM

Me and the family are so sorry we missed the BBQ but we have so much stuff  jammed into our schedule it is crazy some times.Tell everyone  we said Hello and will try to get up and see everyone sone Jim
I am a Father of 4 and I have 5 Grandchildren been married for 22 years to the most amazing woman in the world and I am trying to kick my Cancers Ass.Long time Giants fan and 27 year sports official

MightyGiants

Quote from: COACHJIM on August 08, 2010, 08:32:28 AM
Me and the family are so sorry we missed the BBQ but we have so much stuff  jammed into our schedule it is crazy some times.Tell everyone  we said Hello and will try to get up and see everyone sone Jim

Jim,

You  and your family were certainly missed.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Suburbanites II

Sub II (Larry) and Sub III (Jack) had a great time, great way to kickoff an exciting season.

vette5573

Larry, looks like Jack has the potential to become a Bocci Ball Champion some day. He sure cleaned our clock one game.

Jim, quite a few people asked about you and your family. Sorry you couldn't make it.

mbigblue

Yes, we had a good time in good company.  We had a very interesting conversation at the bbq and Murderhill used a lot of words I had never heard before ;)

It's always a pleasure and I'm looking forward to the Titans game.

Fred

murderhill

QuoteWe had a very interesting conversation at the bbq and Murderhill used a lot of words I had never heard before
Yes, a lot of words and little did you know that I made most of them up.  When I am engaged in these "interesting conversations", I sometimes have Ralph Kramdon's voice going off in the back of my head (Fred, Google "the Honeymooners") http://preview.tinyurl.com/2vlb5me  -"you are a blabbermouth".  I'm trying to shut up but I'm out of control.  Still, it was fun and a surprise to meet a couple of Quebecer Giant fans.  Remember to rent the movie "The Black Robe".  On my way home, every time I went past a car with Quebec plates, I would look inside to see if it was you two guys. I was freezing my butt off by the time I got home.

MightyGiants

I want to say I had a great time.  It was great to meet up with old friends and catch up and talk Giants football.  It was terrific to be able to put names to so many people that I have talked to for so long.   We are so lucky to have a board made up of so many very special people who are all very knowledgeable, warm and friendly. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

murderhill

QuoteI was freezing my butt off by the time I got home.
I don't know if you can quote yourself this may be a 1st.  While I was freezing my butt off, I had this little ditty going off on my head.
http://www.youareanidiot.org/

zephirus

Thanks to all who made a newcomer feel welcome!  Certainly enjoyed talking some Big Blue before the season while enjoying some good food and good company.  Special thanks to President Rick and Pagan43!

TuckerF

The weather and all the people were great.  Its always good to put a face to a name and meet people in person rather in their internet persona.

I will be uploading about 300 photos of the practice sessions mostly and a few of the picnic shortly.
That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

slg11

I'll echo the above sentiments but for me a highlight was Jim V's bringing out his copy of a 1962 Giants-Lions program. The ads contained football players wearing helmets without face guards, the cigarette ads and the Knicks and Rangers advertising with old Garden logo in it. A trip down memory lane.

Bill Brown

We just arrived back home after a most wonderful weekend.  I said before that the reason I was going to drive 311 miles was to meet up with the folks of this board.  If I saw a little football than that was just a bonus.

I will say that I had it dead on!!!!   I saw a little football, but the BBQ was the main course.  It was a pleasure to meet each and every one of you.  It surpassed my best expectations.  We had a great time. Thanks to you all!!!   =D>

I also agree with Vette.  Lets hope the Giants see what a great place they have to hold training camp.

Bill

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

jimv

GREAT weekend all around! =D> =D>  Terrific people!  It was really wonderful to "meet" all my friends on BBH.  BTW, don't worry about forgetting to bring something you wanted to the next get-together.  Rich has a VERY DEEP bag that holds EVERYTHING.  If he doesn't have it, you don't need it.

Bill, Paul & I have a plan to get together with our wives sometime in the near future up here in Maine.  Anyone want to join us?  We can get FRESH Maine lobster!

Webster29

We just arrived home.   

May I echo the sentiments of everyone else.   My family and I had a fantastic time.

All you guys and gals are top shelf.   I only wish Ralph could have made it.  But it was just great.

Our thanks to all.

Bill, Cindy, Adam and Wendy