News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The BBH Weekend Wrap Up

Started by vette5573, August 08, 2010, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

A weekend that exceeded my wildest expectations. It all worked out, the effort (G-girl) really paid off.
Really magical, bein' plugged into the Board all afternoon, what dialogue! Superb camaraderie one & all.

pagan43

I'm trying my hand at posting an image.

First time for me, so...

pagan43

pagan43

OK, not bad.

Sorry about all those backsides, but when you take a picture of the actual Big Blue Huddle, when it comes together for the annual "Circle of Love", someone's a$$ is always turned toward the camera.

I'll do a few more and see how they work.

pagan43

pagan43

Here I go again, hopefully as smoothly...

(BTW - Checkout the program in Paul's (prousse) hands. That's a pristine, 1963 Giants vs. Lions game day program that jimv brought with him. On, like, page 4 was an advertisement for Tareyton cigarettes featuring Charlie Connerly smoking one, in the locker room. Talk about how times have changed...)

pagan43

OK, one more, then I have to go to work, and I'll try to put a couple more up tonight, or tomorrow...

Suburbanites II

I'd like to propose we have a board certrified name Grizz's dog contest.

pagan43

OK, it's lunch time, and I have another photo to share:

pagan43

pagan43

squibber

It was great to meet Dave Pagan and his wife, Ed Vette, Jimv, PresidentRick and his wife, murderhill, MightyGiants, ps11yat14 and his wife, Webster29, Somersjoe, slg, etc., etc..  You're all class acts.  Hope you can make it next year, LennG.  That Shipyard ale was excellent, Jimv.  I hope the mustard arrives earlier next time.

In all seriousness, I made two observations at the picnic.  I was the handsomest guy there and some of you are taller in person than how you appear online. (kidding of course)

On Saturday night, me and my wife ate at Boca de Bippo which is an Italian restaurant on Wolf Ave.  The food was good and the portions were huge.  The "small" portion feeds up to 3 people and the large portion feeds up to six people.  The waiter told me that Eli Manning and five other players were there the other night.  They ordered appetizers and they each ordered the large portion.  They ate it all including Eli.

pagan43

Hey squibber, do they have the "Pope Room" at that Bucca?

That might not be a bad candidate for next year's BBH Ice Breaker Dinner.

pagan43

murderhill

Nice work Dave :ok:  =D> :yes: Say hello to Cindi for me.  You guys were good people.   The highlight of the BBQ was you handing me a cheeseburger.  I was honored.

squibber

Dave,

Here is a link to Buca de Bippo.  It looks like they have a place for a large group.  The food was good but not exceptional.  It was a fun experience though and a good choice for those who love big portions.

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/location3403.aspx

LennG

thanks for the pix Dave. Once again, I am truly sorry I couldn't be there, but now, thanks to you, I can put faces to many of the names. BTW Grizz, your backside looks the same as it did several years ago. don't you ever age???

This has been a long standing tradition with this group, dating back to the old BBWC days. I remember the first year I went up it was jsut Kevin, (Remember'sHuff), George (Giantsguy), Gordon (from the other site) and Spider (has anyone heard from him). It sure has grown.  If any of you who went, are interested, several years ago, we had Harry Carson as our guest. Here are a few pix of our group with him. See how some of you have really gotten old

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

vette5573

wow Lenn, my nieces were so small then. Haven't seen Umassgrad in a long time too.

I'm on a business trip and will post my pics when I get back.

pagan43

To all who attended this year's BBQ, a Big Blue Thank You!

The only thing I regret was not taking a group photo, something that we almost always did in the past.

I think that we waited for Ralph to arrive, in order to take a photo with him in our group. But we waited too long, and before we knew it, the opportunity had passed, as some BBH'rs began to trickle out, even as a few late arrivals showed up.

By the time I was aware of the oversite, too many of us had already left.

Thanks for the link squibber. While I enjoyed the Barnsider, and they have never dissapointed us, I would definately like to get some discussion going next year about the options available to us in the SUNY vicinity, including the Japanese restaurant that a group of BBHrs visited on Saturdaynight (sorry I missed that).

murderhill - I do believe that I handed you the very first cheesburger of the BBQ. And, it's was an honor for me as well. I'd like to suggest that we repeat the ceremonial handoff of the first cheesburger next year, at the BBH BBQ. Perhaps you can bring Mrs.Hill with you.

pagan43