Author Topic: How to post a photos and video to the message board  (Read 10979 times)

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 1011
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
How to post a photos and video to the message board
« on: May 25, 2007, 08:35:45 AM »
There are two ways to do this.  An easy way, which puts the photo at the end of the post and a more difficult way, where you can place it any where.   The easy way is to have the picture on your computer.  Then just click on "Additional Options..." at the bottom of this message box.  In the "Attach" box click the browse button and browse to the photo you want to upload.  Then post.

The more difficult way, that allows you to put the photo anywhere-

1)  You start with a picture (either on your computer or on the internet)

2)  Upload the picture to the Misc album if it's not already on the internet

3)  Right click the picture and select properties.  You are going to highlight and copy (either right click copy or control c) the URL -  which looks something like this-

http://giantsfans.net/components/cpgalbums/userpics/10063/normal_mouse_trap.jpg

4)  You are going to then highlight that text and click the botton on the top of this box that says image (bottom row second from the left).

If all goes well you will see this

To post videos from you tube or google video, just post the video and the website will embed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prj8huUe-Rw&NR=1

Supports the following Video sites
- YouTube (Normal|Playlists), Google Video, Dailymotion, BBC Iplayer (UK Only) , Megavideo, MetaCafe, 123video.nl, Aniboom, AOL Uncut, Archive.org, AtomFilms, AtomFilms Uploads, Bebo, Biku, Blip.tv, BoFunk.com, Break.com, BrightCove, CellFish, ClipFish.de, ClipMoon, Clipser.com, Clipshack.com, Coldlink (Anti Video Hotlinkers), CollegeHumor, ComedyCentral/TheDailyShow, Crackle.com, Crunchyroll.com Old, Crunchyroll.com New, Current.com, Dailyhaha.com, Dave.tv, Deezer.com, DipVid.com, DotSub.com, DoubleViking.com, dropshots.com, dv.ouou, EASportsWorld, EbaumsWorld.com, ESPN, FunnyOrDie, Gamespot, Gametrailers, Gametrailers User Movies, Gametube.org, GameVideos, GarageTv.Be, Gloria.tv, GoEar, Glumbert, Godtube, Gofish Videos, Gofish Channels, Grindtv.com, Guba, Hulu.com (US Only), Humour.com, IFilm, IGN, Imageshack.us, Imeem (Music|Playlists|Video), IndyaRocks, Izlesene.com (Turkish), Jamendo.com, Jeux-France.com, Jokeroo.com, Jubii.co.uk, Jujunation.com, JumpCut.com, Kewego.co.uk, Koreus, Leettube.com, Libero.it, LiveLeak, LiveVideo, Machinima.com, MotionBox, MSN Live/Soapbox Video, Mofile, Mp3tube.net, Mtvu, MusOpen, MySoccerMedia, MyShows.cn / SeeHaha.com (Chinese), MySpaceTv, MyVideo, M Thai, Newgrounds.com (Flash Video only), OnSmash, Orb.com, Photobucket, Pikniktube.com, Project Playlist, PutFile, Rawvegas.tv, Redlasso, Revver, Seeqpod, Sevenload, ShareView.us, Sharkle.com, Smotri, Snotr, Space.tv.CCTV.com, Spike.com, Streetfire.net, Stupidvideos.com, Tinypic.com, Tm-tube.com, TrailerAddict.com, TrTube.com, Tu.tv, Tudou, UUME, Veoh, VideoJug.com, videotube.de, videos.sapo.pt, VideoWebTown.com, Vidiac.com, Viddler.com, Vidilife.com, VidMax.com, Vimeo.com, Vidivodo, VSocial.com, WeGame.com, Wipido.com, Yahoo (Except HK), Yahoo HK Only, Yahoo Music, Youku.com, You.Video.Sina.com.cn
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:30:54 AM by MightyGiants »
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

bighitterdalama

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
Re: How to post a photo to the message board
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 01:12:52 AM »

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
Re: How to post a photos and video to the message board
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 10:00:13 AM »
Bump for new people
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

terrymeisner

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 72
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:07:28 AM »
hope this works....go Giants!!!!!

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 470
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »

If some one sends me a picture or a video thru my email, how do I post it here??> I have tried everything I know and just cannot get it done. Am I doing something wrong???????
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 01:31:08 PM »
Pictures are easy, just go to the buttom of the posting area to "Additional Options" and click that.  Then just upload the picture as an attachment.   Videos are more challenging, as you first must sign up for a free youtube account and upload the video there.  Then you can just post the link and it will automatically embed.

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 470
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

I have tried several pictures in the past, and it told me file was too large. If that is so, what are our options. You can only crop a picture so much.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 03:17:27 PM »
How big are we talking Len?

nygnts4ever

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 07:45:20 PM »
Practice run.....
Kevin Karcher

“If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.”

Isaac Newton

Kmed6000

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »
Oh how sweet it is.  Nice pics.

nygnts4ever

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 07:49:34 PM »
Yes, beautiful...I think I got this posting a pic thing down...lol.
Kevin Karcher

“If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.”

Isaac Newton

Kmed6000

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »
Yeah I'd say you figured it out.  Those pics never get old.

nygnts4ever

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 07:55:14 PM »
One more try, just to make sure....
Kevin Karcher

Isaac Newton

Kmed6000

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 08:05:32 PM »
Yeah, you'll fit in just fine around here.  :ok:

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 08:45:01 PM »
Welcome Kevin, great pictures.