News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How to post a photos and video to the message board

Started by MightyGiants, May 25, 2007, 08:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakew

"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Cosmo

I've never tried this before so forgive me if I make a mess.  If it works, thank you for telling me.
AUDI.......................never follow.

Cid in Dupont

Really stupid question from a rookie...how do you put those pictures under your names?

I have a great Mark Bavaro pix that I want to include every time I post, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks...

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

LennG

OK Cid.

Right under Big Blue Huddle, on the top of the page, you see a bunch of buttons.

Click on the profile button

On the left side of the new page, you will see a few boxes with other things in them

Under Modify Profile, click on the Forum Profile/Info.

A new page comes up where you can choice something to use as your avitor. If you are uploading a picture from the net, click on 'I will upload my own picture', use the browse button to find your picture, and the rest is history. If you already have your picture, use the 'I have my own picture' button and put the site where your picture is.
You can also add a few words where it says 'personal text'.

I'm pretty sure you can only use a very small picture as your avator, so make it good. If you have any further questions, talk to Rich.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Cid in Dupont

Thanks Lenn...

Cid

btw...how do you like my new avator?
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

LennG

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

#89, class all the way. One of my all time favorites, and I go back a long way. Not like todays' clowns who have to tell everyone how great they are. Mr Bavaro said little but spoke volumes on the field with his play.

Charlie Weiss

vette5573

bump

dasher

How do you do a wmv? I have a great Credence Clearwater one with eye candy for male viewers.

weeze

PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

weeze

PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

GiantJohnny

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2007, 08:35:45 AM
There are two ways to do this.  An easy way, which puts the photo at the end of the post and a more difficult way, where you can place it any where.   The easy way is to have the picture on your computer.  Then just click on "Additional Options..." at the bottom of this message box.  In the "Attach" box click the browse button and browse to the photo you want to upload.  Then post.

The more difficult way, that allows you to put the photo anywhere-

1)  You start with a picture (either on your computer or on the internet)

2)  Upload the picture to the Misc album if it's not already on the internet

3)  Right click the picture and select properties.  You are going to highlight and copy (either right click copy or control c) the URL -  which looks something like this-

http://giantsfans.net/components/cpgalbums/userpics/10063/normal_mouse_trap.jpg

4)  You are going to then highlight that text and click the botton on the top of this box that says image (bottom row second from the left).

If all goes well you will see this

To post videos from you tube or google video, just post the video and the website will embed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prj8huUe-Rw&NR=1

Supports the following Video sites
- YouTube (Normal|Playlists), Google Video, Dailymotion, BBC Iplayer (UK Only) , Megavideo, MetaCafe, 123video.nl, Aniboom, AOL Uncut, Archive.org, AtomFilms, AtomFilms Uploads, Bebo, Biku, Blip.tv, BoFunk.com, Break.com, BrightCove, CellFish, ClipFish.de, ClipMoon, Clipser.com, Clipshack.com, Coldlink (Anti Video Hotlinkers), CollegeHumor, ComedyCentral/TheDailyShow, Crackle.com, Crunchyroll.com Old, Crunchyroll.com New, Current.com, Dailyhaha.com, Dave.tv, Deezer.com, DipVid.com, DotSub.com, DoubleViking.com, dropshots.com, dv.ouou, EASportsWorld, EbaumsWorld.com, ESPN, FunnyOrDie, Gamespot, Gametrailers, Gametrailers User Movies, Gametube.org, GameVideos, GarageTv.Be, Gloria.tv, GoEar, Glumbert, Godtube, Gofish Videos, Gofish Channels, Grindtv.com, Guba, Hulu.com (US Only), Humour.com, IFilm, IGN, Imageshack.us, Imeem (Music|Playlists|Video), IndyaRocks, Izlesene.com (Turkish), Jamendo.com, Jeux-France.com, Jokeroo.com, Jubii.co.uk, Jujunation.com, JumpCut.com, Kewego.co.uk, Koreus, Leettube.com, Libero.it, LiveLeak, LiveVideo, Machinima.com, MotionBox, MSN Live/Soapbox Video, Mofile, Mp3tube.net, Mtvu, MusOpen, MySoccerMedia, MyShows.cn / SeeHaha.com (Chinese), MySpaceTv, MyVideo, M Thai, Newgrounds.com (Flash Video only), OnSmash, Orb.com, Photobucket, Pikniktube.com, Project Playlist, PutFile, Rawvegas.tv, Redlasso, Revver, Seeqpod, Sevenload, ShareView.us, Sharkle.com, Smotri, Snotr, Space.tv.CCTV.com, Spike.com, Streetfire.net, Stupidvideos.com, Tinypic.com, Tm-tube.com, TrailerAddict.com, TrTube.com, Tu.tv, Tudou, UUME, Veoh, VideoJug.com, videotube.de, videos.sapo.pt, VideoWebTown.com, Vidiac.com, Viddler.com, Vidilife.com, VidMax.com, Vimeo.com, Vidivodo, VSocial.com, WeGame.com, Wipido.com, Yahoo (Except HK), Yahoo HK Only, Yahoo Music, Youku.com, You.Video.Sina.com.cn

Mighty, I have a few youtube video's that might be fun to post. My problem I don't know anything about computers.
Everything that a 10yr old know, I don't.  :confused:

When you get a chance, could you show me how to do it. I don't know what embed means.  :o
Just interested in youtube.

Thanks in advance. I'm not computer literate.  Redfaced

LennG

Johnny

In my limited knowledge, if you are on U tube, all you have to do to post that video, is copy the web page address from the top of the page and paste in in your post. The video will then show up in your post. Very simple.

Charlie Weiss

GiantJohnny

Quote from: LennG on February 09, 2014, 04:19:46 PM
Johnny

In my limited knowledge, if you are on U tube, all you have to do to post that video, is copy the web page address from the top of the page and paste in in your post. The video will then show up in your post. Very simple.

Lenn, do you mean that I write the 'address' within the post, anywhere?

By the way, thanks for your patiance, I'm computer 'stupid'.  :yes:

MightyGiants

At the top of the internet browser you should find a line that starts http:// or youtube.com.   Highlight that line and right click and left click on copy.  Then in your post right click in your post and then left click paste.  The site then automatically embeds the video

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE