News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Annual BBH Get Together: Giants at Seattle 4pm

Started by vette5573, October 21, 2010, 08:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

MG yes, Len no. He's from the Island. We could all meet at the Park and Ride in Montvale on the GSP.

giantsguy

Quote from: tomeee on November 02, 2010, 04:01:33 PM
No I'm in northern westchester so far with one vote and 2 don't cares. I'm flexible as well lets hear from the rest who commited.

tomeee, by any chance are you anywhere neare Greenwood Lake????  [I believe it's in the Monroe/Woodbury area].  In any event, I don't care where we go but I do agree that getting a table for all of us is going to be difficult for a late game.  All I need is a street and city address for my GPS and I'm all set. 

Plus, I'd like to bring hot Italian sausages, rolls and a case of beer [any preferences?]. 

Thanks.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

tomeee

If the consensus is my house that is great. I will pm the street address to those attending. Please don't post my address on the main board. I think Lenn had a great suggestion with doing a tailgate where we eat before the game and get the food out of the way and can focus on the game. It may be a little chilly but I do have a grill and tables out back. We can do the tailgate thing two ways grilling which will require more time or prepared food which we just wolf down prior to the game. I'm fine either way and suggest either 2pm for the grill option or 3pm for the prepared food.

I am in Yorktown Heights very near the taconic pkwy. It is about 50 minutes without traffic from the Meadowlands. Greenwood lake is on the NJ side of the hudson. Yorktown heights is in northern westchester on the NY City side of the hudson. .

We are four days away so lets get a final head count and input on the time / food preferences. Please no more I don't cares let finalize the plans.

Uni

My vote is for the 2pm start.  Relax, eat, have the 1pm game in the background and then settle into the Giants game.

I'd like to bring wings.  I'll marinate them and pre-bake them so you can toss 'em on the grill to heat up/smoke up.

vette5573

I'm fine with your house Tommy, thanks for being so kind as to offer. I'll bring Burgers. Chicken and Beef with rolls. I don't want to stick you with too much food, I think 8 of each is enough. Sound about right?

Uni

I think a head count by tomorrow would be good so we know how much food to prepare.

vette5573

This is what we have so far:

Tomeee
Lenny
Ed
Rich
Unimachi (Hanson)
Jaime
Mark
George
Brad
Frank
Steve (The Grizz)
Jennifer Aniston

?? Unconfirmed:
Kevin
Lenny's son
Phil Simms
Brad Pitt
Mike Tyson

Jaime

Myself & Mark vote for tomeee's 2:00 pm tailgate rendezvous. Spoke to Mike Tyson, he'll be a game time decision (some legal matter re; bein' permanently barred from N.Y. ?)
Brad said he'll only show if Angelina can accompany him. i of course said "No way!"

Ed, how bout u throw out a quick check list?

vette5573

LennG

I'll try and get in touch with my son tonite and hopefully let you know tomorrow.

Tommee

Can you PM me specific directions. What major roads are you near??
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

tomeee

Lenn it is off the taconic parkway in yorktown heights, n.y.

I will pm everyone attending with the street address in the next day or two once the list is finalized. I am lazy and only one to send one pm.

tomeee

Ok here is the list as it stands and what people are bringing. Sound like we have a lot of food already. Please byob it is too hard to anticipate what every one prefers. I will have beer, water, seltzer, coffee for after the game and coolers filled with ice. I will do all the paper stuff and condiments (plates, cups, ketchup mustard...). Based on the final list I will also have on hand plenty of backup food just in case no one will leave hungry. Just getting the groug together is great this is a summary list. Please don't feel obligated to bring something or we will wind up with more food than we can eat.

Tomeee - see above
Lenny - Chips Humus and Kosher burgers
Ed - Burgers, ckicken and beef with rolls
Rich - Cheese Crackers and Veggie Platter
Unimachi (Hanson) - wings
Jaime - dessert
Mark - dessert
George - Italian Sausage
Brad
Frank
Steve (The Grizz)

I plan on doing the tailgate in the backyard around the grill. It may be a little chilly dress warm. I will probably have a fire going (I have a one of those portable metal outside fire pits).

LennG

I'll bring some chips and some Hummus

Since I can't eat the meat that other's bring (we keep Kosher), I have some turkey burgers that I'll bring
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I'll bring cheese and crackers and a veggie platter
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

tomeee

Check your pm for address and directions.

pm me if you have questions.