News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

are my cubs gonna suck again this year?

Started by weeze, March 12, 2011, 05:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeze

do i have hope past fourth of july or not? can i degenerate to a summer of...gasp.......NASCAR?...no please PLEASE be competitve!
any cubs fans here?
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Sect122Mike

Quote from: weeze on March 12, 2011, 05:54:59 AM
do i have hope past fourth of july or not? can i degenerate to a summer of...gasp.......NASCAR?...no please PLEASE be competitve!
any cubs fans here?

I'm not really a cub fan, but I do always begin each season pulling for the cubbies to win it all. I think the cubs way overpaid for Garza, but thats another story. 

On this season, I think the lineup is weak.  I don't see much more than a .500 club on paper here, but I would love to be proven wrong.  I think a lot is on Pena to find that power stroke and for Aramis Ramirez to turn back the clock a couple of seasons.  If Matt Garza pitches well, they can compete.  but the offense needs to step it up.  Maybe they can stay in the hunt, but I think it will be about 87 wins and 2nd place without a wild card. 

spiderblue43

weeze,

Suck? No. Be mediocre at best? Yes. A fairly mismatched group of aging vets (Soriano, Rammy, Fukadome) with some promising, but not great young position players (Castro, Colvin, Barney, etc.), Garza looks terrible so far, plus they've lost two starters already (Kashner, Wells) to early season arm woes. GM Hendry made matters worse with his "I told ya so" cowardly rebutt of Quade's use of those aforementioned injured. He has got to go in my book (Hendry) before the Cubs can see the light. It's gonna be another season to forget except for those lovely summer days at the park despite the results.

weeze

my good friend 'the 12th man" got mw watching the cubs after i moved to fla from cal where i followed the sf giants. when i got here the sf giants games are frequently on at 10 pm so i decided to follow a diff team. plus with wgn they are on a lot. everytime i watch them they lose. every time ron watchs them they win!
ok, ok, i gots to make more effort to watch them consistently.

FuglyStick

They'll do better than my Cards.  And yes, that pains me to say.

weeze

cubs beating any cards team with pujols on it.................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm