News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2011 -OFFENSE

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 13, 2011, 01:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

MightyGiants

Good work as always Ceri.  When I did my needs evaluation (based on all free agents leaving) TE was a major area of need.  As you pointed out his injury history (especially his concussions make him a risk even if the team does resign him).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DesG89

I 2nd MG's compliments Ceri. Your position previews are always good reads & I look forward to as much as I do the draft itself. I patiently await the next installment. Particularly you evaluation of the OTs and OGs

afan56

terrymeisner

ceri.....once again, thanks for the time and effort you put into your draft primers......i love reading them and most of the time you are spot on....go Giants!!!!!

MightyGiants

I would like to see the Giants pick up Luke Stocker.  I think he could fit well into the Giants system and we have seen that the Giants like former team captains.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bighitterdalama

Ceri,

Spot on as always. The only qualifier I would add concerns Andre Smith's two blocked kicks as they might have been systemic in nature. Beamer puts a great emphasis on this aspect of the game (even running kick block drills with nerf-style footballs) so that VTech regularly leads the top D-I teams in blocked kicks.

Go QPR! Ten points clear with five to go!

Big Hitter

UKGiantsFan

BBH Draft Preview 2011 - Center's

The talent available
This is a position where I simply don

MightyGiants

After watching Koets botch snaps like he did and then perform nearly flawlessly when the time came to do it for real, I am not too distressed by Pouncey's shotgun problem. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Just heard Pat Kirwin on NFL radio.  Pat says he knows that Pouncey has fixed his snapping problems
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UKGiantsFan

BBH Draft Preview 2011 - Guard's

The talent available
Some of the top Guard prospects have already been covered in the Center preview but there are also some appealing players who project inside in the NFL that played Tackle in college, including some with experience inside already. Whilst there may not be any

vette5573

Nice review. Why do you believe that the Giants won't re-sign Boothe? You mentioned that in both previews.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: vette on April 16, 2011, 07:34:29 AM
Nice review. Why do you believe that the Giants won't re-sign Boothe? You mentioned that in both previews.

There comes a point in a players career where the minimum salary is simply too much for a back-up. For Petrus to progress up the depth chart Boothe has to go.

Painter

I think Ceri's reasoning is sound, Rich. And the fact that Boothe was offered only an original (6th round) tender rather than a "we want to keep him", 2nd Rounder also may be indicative.

Cheers!

gregf

I would love to see Boothe resigned, possibly to start at center. If not, we have a strong need to pick two lineman in first four rounds. Possibly a tackle and guard/center in first two rounds. Ohara and Suebert may both not be back due to age and injury. There's a lot of guessing as a fan with free agency still lingering. I hope we can keep Boothe, Bradshaw, Cofield, Boss.