News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2011 -OFFENSE

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 13, 2011, 01:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

Thanks PSU. What's the scoop on Klopacz. I understand that he had no interest in a pro career. What kind of a player was he?

UKGiantsFan

BBH Draft Preview 2011 - Tackle's

The talent available
Whilst there is great quality of depth and likely to be future starters drafted for both LT and RT positions well into the second day of the draft (if not beyond) there isn

PSUBeirut

hmmm not sure about Doug.  I know he had injury issues and on top of that he was never a standout player.  He tore an ACL and missed a season at one point (the year Wiz started at center, I believe).  I don't think he would have ever been able to make an NFL roster even if he wanted it badly.

jerseyguy

afan56

Thank you for sharing this Ceri. I'll trust the Giants to do a good job on the O line for us.

todge

Teams don't draft BPA anymore.  They draft "BPA at a position of need".  Since we are not privy to Giant Draft grades - it is conceivable that Pouncey might be the highest rated player on their Board at #19.  We will find out soon.

yatQB

Hi, Ceri.  I really like your analysis of the Tackles. 

I also love Smith but assume he'll go to Dallas at 9.

Of the others, I think the safest picks are (in order) Carimi, Sherrod and Carpenter.  I'm not crazy about Costanzo as I don't see him as an ideal LT and don't think he has the strength to be an asset in the running game at RT.  I like Solder even less, as I think he plays way too high and will never contribute to a running attack.

Given that, I'd prefer Carimi to any of the other OTs, as I think he'd be a very good RT who could dominate in the run game alongside Snee once McKenzie is let go in two years.  He could start at RT right now and not be overmatched, imo.  Sherrod seems like a guy who's pretty good at everything, but will not excel...low bust potential but lower ceiling than Smith or Carimi.   Carpenter MAY have the talent to become a superb player, and might be able to play both tackle spots and OG.  I'd be very happy with him in the 2nd round if we got that lucky. 

Indeed, I wouldn't mind a draft with Carimi and Carpenter as our first two picks (although we certainly have a ton of other needs).

As always, thanks for a job well done, and best wishes to you.  Yat 

UKGiantsFan

BBH Draft Preview 2011 - Full Backs

The talent available
Due to the change in the way the game is played in college nowadays there hasn

vette5573

I like what I'm reading about Sherman in your preview as a nice fit in this offense.

terrymeisner

mods....if the intention is to sticky these, i think you missed this one....go Giants!!!!!

DesG89

As always Ceri a very entertaining and informing read. The more I see of Carimi the more I like the kid and would love it if he were the pick at 19. Love his nasty streak and the movement he gets in the run game.

So many fellow fans want either Smith or Costanzo. I don't. With Smith I am leery of career RTs who the "experts" claim are athletic enough to plat LT. In the past few years we have seen the likes of Kenyatta Walker, Kwame Harris and Winston Justice being touted as LT worthy even though they never played the position.

And Costanzo? Other than the Coughlin-BC connection I don't get what so many are fascinated with. The couple BC games and highlight vids I watched he didn't appear to be that good

afan56

The only one I saw, that I noticed seeing, was Marecic. He played linebacker that day and had a pick 6. I don't think the Giants will want him early enough to get him...he seems like a luxury item for us.
And thanks again Ceri..really fun to read your stuff "whilst" sipping a pint.

Painter

Nice analysis, Ceri I don't think the Giants would hurt themselves if they took any of the five at 19. Personally, I rate Costanzo and Solder higher than you do. I think if the Giants do take an OT at 19, it will be either one of them.

Cheers!