News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2011 -OFFENSE

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 13, 2011, 01:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

Hyper accurate report there UK, my two cents on next year's OL; LT Beatty - LG DD will start, then give way to Boothe/Andrews/Petrus - C  Koets, Boothe, Petrus, Suey - RG  Snee - RT  Kareem

Thinkin' it's critical for Jints to capitalize on OT pool with a Legit Swing OT @ 19th overall (Not Smith, no LT experience). My choice is Solder.
Why OT? Tough to find this quality of Prospect bottom 1/3 of 1st Rd. & hopefully we will be Drafting nearer the bottom of the 1st Rd. in the future. If some stud DL falls to us fine...as long as JR believes he can get his OT in the 2nd Rd. even if he has to trade-up a bit

a) No need to rush him into the Lineup. This Rook can learn his trade backin' up Beatty & Kareem next season.
b) With Beatty on board for another four years, the Rook can compete with Beatty @ LT in 2012. Loser plays RT.
c) JR mentioned yesterday that he'd be willin' to trade up a couple, or back a couple spots in 1st Rd. @ 1st I thought smokescreen...then I thought, u never know whom our GM is coveting? If some GM wants to fork over a 3rd Rd. pick to move back two slots, gotta think a swing OT would be there for us @ 21st overall with this OT pool depth.

UKGiantsFan

BBH Draft Preview 2011 - Running Backs

The talent available
While there is plenty of depth, there aren

UKGiantsFan

BBH Draft Preview 2011 - Top 10's at QB & WR

I haven't really got time to cover either of these position's and don't consider either of them in any way to be a 'position of need' so am simply providing a top 10 list and where i have them rated in my overall list. If I get time I will return to this nearer draft day to add a bio for each player.

Note: Where I have them rated personally does not correlate with the mock 1st round I put up earlier

QB
Blaine Gabbert (Missouri) - Top 10
Cam Newton (Auburn) - Top 10
Jake Locker (Washington) - Top 32
Ryan Mallett (Arkansas) - Top 32
Christian Ponder (Florida St.) - Top 40
Andy Dalton (TCU) - Top 40
Colin Kaepernick (Nevada) - Top 64
Ricky Stanzi (Iowa)
Greg McElroy (Alabama)
TJ Yates (North Carolina)

Summary: The Giants have no need to 'force' a pick at this position now they have a veteran back-up in place once again. Were one of Stanzi and McElroy to make it into the draft's third day I wouldn't rule them out as options but I'm hopeful we'll spend our picks on other positions

WR
1. AJ Green (Georgia) - Top 10
2. Julio Jones (Alabama) - Top 10

3. Randall Cobb (Kentucky) is a small-framed 5

NYSPORTS

OMG - scratch Cannon of the list.  At least the early list. 

Draft Prospect Marcus Cannon Tests Positive for Lymphoma

http://thecovertwo.com/2011/04/draft-prospect-marcus-cannon-tests-positive-for-lymphoma/

Jaime

Imagine recieving that news @ a Combine?
Wish Cannon luck. Hopefully they caught it early.

NYSPORTS

I'd take the kid in third round if the doctor could define "hopefully".  Does "hopefully" mean he could return to football or workouts at the very end of his 12 week treatment as opposed to 6 months or does "hopefully" mean his career is in jeopardy?  A healthy Cannon would be a nice fit for 2012.  I'd write off 2011 though.

According to the report