News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

UK Giants defensive Player preview MERGED

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 24, 2011, 08:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

BBH Draft Preview 2011 - Outside Linebackers

The talent available
With the exception of one mega talent who fits nicely in either system - and will be a sure-fire top 5 pick - there isn

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
There are plenty of good players available but not quite as much

Fla-Gman

Could not agree more about Boley.  He gets stuffed at the point of attack everytime he blitzs which is why they were forced to send a safety as much as they did.  That would be fine if he excelled at coverage, which he does not.

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
One of the weakest positions in the entire draft - not only is there no potential

Jaime

With a real weak LB Draft Pool, my thinkin' is we need to sign the best FA available to upgrade Boley @ WIL. We can get by with Goff @ MIKE.Thinkin' he'll settle in a bit & generate a slight upgrade.   I have more faith in Tracy than most @ SAM. His elbow injury, prevented him from building on his early ST momentum. Tracy was originally a LB that was converted to DE as a result of the O schemes William & Mary faced. So I'm good to go with those two. Bullock is a goner, & Sintim would be as well if he weren't the 45th overall Selection.

Dillard is a complete (?) @ this point. His Rook season was a complete washout with a killer hammy. Can he play MIKE or SAM? We shall c. I think he's no better than a career backup. I would sign a Cap friendly Vet similar to what Bullock was SUPPOSE to be for versatile depth.

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
A great year for teams in need of DE help whether for the 4-3 or 3-4 defense with a combination of high quality and considerable depth. There are literally a couple of dozen prospects who could

UKGiantsFan

What do I think the Giants should do?
Starting pairing Corey Webster and Terrell Thomas are both good players and can make plays on the ball but neither has incredible speed or rank in the upper echelon of players at their position in the NFL. Having struggled with injury former 1st round pick Aaron Ross has been downgraded to the nickel spot but he could do with being challenged for that role too. It