News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFT PICK THREADS- MERGED

Started by MightyGiants, April 28, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Quote from: Jaime on May 10, 2011, 01:14:11 PM
CA, thanks. Manny Lawson is a total freak. 6' - 5" 240 lbs. Combine #'s 4.43
23 Reps  39" Vert. Touted as a DE prospect out of N.C. State. Lawson hasn't put up much in the way of sacks in the Niners 3 - 4. Last three seasons he played all 16 games, av. 60 tackles & 3.5 sacks. Did have 5.5 sacks last year.

Great closin' speed as u would think. Does make plays, but is limited in 3 - 4. Reports indicate a better fit in our 4 - 3. Looks to be durable. Highest rated (four out of five stars) non-franchised FA OLB by Walter Football.

Unlike some other DE/LB hybrids or converts, Lawson appears to do the little things right - he plays the run well, he plays in space well. His uncommon athleticism helps him a lot. Ironically, the only thing he doesn't apparently excel at on the pro level is what he was drafted for.

To me, he would play the role the team envisioned for Kiwi when they moved him to LB.

todge

I don't see Lawson anywhere on the Giants' radar.  After being a rushbacker in a 3/4 his entire career, he would have to learn a new position in the Sam.  I think the Giants are done with conversion projects.

jimmyz

This is strange.  I'm used to reading threads about the rookies' jersey numbers right now.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."