News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFT PICK THREADS- MERGED

Started by MightyGiants, April 28, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

Dasher, I was surprised as well when I checked out Sash on CBS sports.
#1 SS projected to go #77 overall. We selected him #198 overall, not bad value there.

This is an "In the box" SS with plenty of savvy & smarts. He's a big hitter that's not gifted athletically. But make no mistake, he's a Player. JR said this kid has the ability to run our entire D. Should be good depth @ SS.

vstaj(grizz)

Does he remind anyone else of the lightly regarded and too slow and small ... Antonio Pierce??

Uni

I'm excited about Scott, but he's not going to be another AB.  AB is a baby bull and doesn't have breakaway speed.  Scott is more of a cut and go burner.  AB knocked Haynesworth off his feet -- that kind of power for size is rare. 

Being a Coughlin team, there's no way Scott is taking the field until he learns to pick up blitzes. 

Jian

Noticed the comparisons to Sinorce Moss here so I found another post on another site and here goes .............

" I hope your not talking about Sinorice Moss...lol He was all upside, and very little on field production...  Do u guys even know these things, before u write em down...lol

Sinorice Moss Career at Miami= 57rec 965yrd 9td /  7rush 55yrd 0td  Thats his career!!!

Jerrell Jerrnigan Sr yr alone      = 84rec 822yrd 6td/  45rush 322yrd 3td  Thats just his SR Yr!!!

Jerrnigan for his career=  232recept 3128yrd 18td / 132rush 892yrd 5td and he had at least 2td passes and i don't have his return numbers..."

I say at least see the guy on the field before making such unfavorable comparisons ..........

todge

I don't know - he may be able to contribute immediately.  He handled Redskin Ryan Kerrigan pretty easily not allowing one sack or pressure the entire game.  Injuries have held him back the past few years.  Considering he didn't even start to play football until late in high school, his best years are ahead of him.

Uni

While conventional wisdom suggests that the Giants picked high value selections up and down the board, Cold Hard Football Facts included one of Reese's picks in their first round mock, and it wasn't Austin:

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3707_CHFF%27s_anti-Mock_Draft.html

Curioisly, they didn't mention the Sash pick in their draft reviews. 

giantsguy

I wished I lived next door to Ronnie Barnes.  I would love to know the up-to-the-minute, actual medical conditions of Koets, Seubert, O'Hara and Andrews.  I would also ask him what the coaches really think of Beatty.  I'm trying to look at it that with the Giants passing on some pretty good o-line talent, the positives may be outweighing the negatives on the players mentioned above at this time.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

NYSPORTS

Quote from: files58 on May 02, 2011, 09:42:41 AM
Wasn't Cofield tendered at the second round level? If another team signs him then we receive a #2, correct?

Yes, as were Bradshaw, Kiwi and would you believe; Tollefson?

We all know the tenders are meaningless until a new CBA is reached yet I doubt any team will just lose a player overnight without compensation. 

NYSPORTS

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 30, 2011, 05:12:40 PM
Quote from: NYSPORTS on April 29, 2011, 08:23:45 PM
Giants will be running a 5-2-4 defense (with two hybrid DE at linebacker)

Tuck-Austin-Canty-JPP-Osi

Kiwi (lb) Sintim (lb)

Prince, Webster, Thomas, Rolle

So Austin leapfrogs Joseph? 

No, I figure Austin is a 3-tech while Joseph is a 1.  B.T.W. - the scheme is a joke lol

todge

I think the reason the Giants "passed on some pretty good offensive line talent" has more to do with the Giants taking the highest rated player on their Board rather than being happy with what they currently have.

todge

Bingo Uni!  That is why guys who run 4.2 40x times drop to the 7th Round.  He is apparently a track guy and shies away from the dirty stuff such as picking up blitzes. 

chiller99

He is the opposite of Joseph,hes lazy,doesnt work hard,plays when he wants,not just the weed and the agent,he encouraged others on the UNC team to do it as well,also got caught cheating academically.threw his team and coach under the bus,and hurt his teammates especially the lbers and their draft status playing behind 2 nd string dts their senior season.Please dont ever say the Giants wont draft someone because of character issues anymore ,,,its too late for that now.If you watch him play I have live 5 times and his clips you see a lot of bad habits and poor tackling .Lastly,I really think Joseph will show everyone a lot this season

troyfan

Miami vs. Troy.  Who does Troy play?

Writes Kerry Byrne, "In a best-case scenario, Jernigan emerges into a Wes Welker-type possession receiver underneath. But that's an awful lot to expect. And I'm concerned by his very humble average of 9.8 yards per catch in 2010 (84 catches, 822 yards). He's not the player who's going to help a downfield attack."

He gave the Giants'draft B- overall.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.   Thomas A. Edison

President Rick

todge: I saw scott on tv a few times and didn't see such glaring problems.  granted every college RB has to improve in pass blocking but he's not a wuzz.  and at 211 he's knocked over a few tacklers.  maybe not as strong as AB but not every running play goes off guard.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

vette5573

Jacobs and Bradshaw had to learn how to block in pass protection their first year too. Let him step on a field before we say he can't do it.