News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tribute To Our Fallen Brothers And Sisters

Started by vette5573, November 13, 2011, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dasher

Sam and I used to banter each other with his Yankees and my Red Sox.  I also wondered what had happened when Sam stopped posting.
I think Weeze, for once, has a good idea about a fund that could be administered by one of the mods preferably.
I'll start off with a $25 check made payable to someone. Heck, if we got 20 to contribute $25 we've got a nice fund of $500 established.
dasher dale

Ed Vette

Who knows if he needs the money. I like John's idea of a card but if he's on Hospice, it may not be long and he may not be conscious. It would have to be a nice note to the family. Perhaps Mark can provide us with an address. If so, then we can put together a few thoughts like we have done so far and send it with a card from his friends at the Big Blue Huddle and some associated names. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

terrymeisner

Mark,thanks for letting us know about Sam

He was a good member of the board and it's a shame he is having such health problems. He will be in my thoughts

weeze

just to be clear I was thinking a fund for cards or maybe flowers
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Mark

And the bad news:

QuoteSam did pass away early Tuesday morning in his sleep at the Hospice. His daughter was with him. Thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family, especially for his wife of 54 years. Five minutes with Sam and you knew how much he loved his wife, his family and his dog. He will be missed greatly but I rejoice in the fact he is physically and mentally restored to full health.

Details are pending but will be shared when available.

I will state that during the time I spent with Sam, he always spoke of his wife and family first and foremost. His daughter was also a huge Giants fan.

RIP Sam.

terrymeisner

Ed Vette

Thank you Sam for being a part of our group here for so many years. May God Bless and keep you in comfort always.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

In Memory of Sam56. A moment of silent thought please...

"Sam did pass away early Tuesday morning in his sleep at the Hospice. His daughter was with him. Thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family, especially for his wife of 54 years. Five minutes with Sam and you knew how much he loved his wife, his family and his dog. He will be missed greatly but I rejoice in the fact he is physically and mentally restored to full health."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Mark

I have an address for the family, but I don't think it appropriate to share it publicly. Perhaps I can give it to Rich and we can send the condolences in one card?

Actually, I was given this contact for the funeral home. Sam's obituary hasn't appeared yet, but I assume it will soon. This might be the best means of communicating condolences. http://www.pierce-jeffersonfuneralservice.com/

drakew

"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

jimv

I didn't know Sam.  May he RIP.

pagan43

God bless you Sam.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family now, as they grieve his passing.

pagan43

MightyGiants

Sam was a good man, the world is lessened by his passing. :(
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Very sorry to have read this. If memory holds, I believe his daughter was also a member of our group who posted now and then. Yes, also a huge Giants fan.
My deepest condolences to his family.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

AP44

Quote from: Mark on February 05, 2017, 06:14:17 PM
Hello everyone,

I haven't been around much in the past half decade or so, but I wanted to pass on a post that came across my Facebook feed this afternoon. This is news regarding Sam56, a long time member of the old BBWC and BBH. I got to know Sam on both message boards and had the pleasure of meeting him several times in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Please keep Sam and his family in your thoughts and/or prayers.  :'(

Sincerely,
Mark (formerly BigBlueBuff)

you are missed on BBI.