News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

GARY REASONS -- The "HIT"

Started by Giant Obsession, December 10, 2011, 08:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

A play every Giants fan should know about -- by our 4th best LB on the team at that time -- how is that for LB 

depth.  On the bench for that game Pepper Johnson -- our 5th best at the time.

Enjoy....

Gary Reasons THE HIT
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

NYSPORTS

and that would likely be a penalty today.   :boooo:

MightyGiants

I always liked Gary Reasons

That play still wouldn't be a penalty because RBs are not afforded any extra protection.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

NYSPORTS

Have to check the rules on helmet to helmet hits.

Giant Obsession

Notice in the slo mo the mouthpiece flying thru the air.

god, that was great defensive football we use to watch.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

55 reasons

Just saw this post... Reasons" helmet hits the RBs shoulder pad... I don't think this would be flagged

55 reasons

Of course this is Gary Reasons' second best play in his career ... with the first being his call to receive the snap in punt formation in the NFC championship game in SF..then running for 1st down into field goal range for game winning FG... Sorry I don't know how to post the video

MightyGiants

Quote from: 55 reasons on June 13, 2012, 12:26:34 PM
Of course this is Gary Reasons' second best play in his career ... with the first being his call to receive the snap in punt formation in the NFC championship game in SF..then running for 1st down into field goal range for game winning FG... Sorry I don't know how to post the video

To post video just copy and paste the web address.  The forum does the rest

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimv

He didn't set up the game winning TD with that run.  That run set up the fourth FG that made it 12 - 13.

55 reasons

My bad  that's correct jimv....that was not the game-winner. He is one of my all-time favs (hence my username).
I remember years later Steve DeOssie talking about that play. Reasons was authorized to make the call himself..which he did.. but DeOssie wasn't sure if he should snap to Reasons. It obviously worked out ...
The niners were looking past us that year.. Ha Ha

LennG

Great listening to Par
Summerall's call.

He said it all

Now that IS football

Not in today's world. Definitely would have been a penalty. Helmet to helmet, launching yourself, putting your head down.Today's game is just not the same football.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

dasher

Great listening to Par Summerall's call.
You said it Len. I was going to post about the great Summerall calls and how well he and Madden interacted. But, alas, you beat me to the punch. Just watching that replay showed the intensity of those players playing the Giants 3/4 D. I too sure miss those days.