News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

We need your feedback on NFT's

Started by vette5573, February 16, 2012, 10:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

We would like your input on how you feel about topics that do not relate to football in this forum. That would pertain mainly to the discussion of other sports such as Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Boxing and Soccer.

Do you like to see these threads here? Only in the off season? Would like to see them moved after they get legs to a separate "Other Sports Board" with one tacked up thread with all the other sports topics and a link to the thread? Keep the discussion here only to football and move them as they come up?

Obviously we will not all agree on this, but there has to be a majority opinion on this. Right now, it's allowed to stay and discuss. Some of these threads have longevity such as the Ranger's thread. If you aren't interested you can ignore them. Those of no interest drop from the first page pretty quickly.

Would those of you who post on the Ranger's thread go to a "Sports Extra" board to discuss the Rangers and Hockey or would it be out of sight out of mind?

Thank you in advance for your perspective.

Ed

BlueMoshik

I vote to keep things the way they are, which is fine.

terrymeisner

i agree with blue that things should remain the same.....as long as posts are tagged with NFT you have the option of opening it or not

i don't like the idea of lumping all other sports together in a different section as it would be as vette says "out of sight , out of mind".....im not a rangers fan but i do post on that thread occasionally as i am a hockey fan but i do read the new posts to the thread

baseball, basketball and soccer i could care less about so i just ignore threads about those sports....go Giants!!!!!

babywhales

I read the Ranger thread daily.  I grew up with and my family still has Ranger tickets.  Prior to 95 I went to 20-30 home games a year.  As I do not have NHL ticket and the NHL contract is sold as per per view outside of the highlights and comments from GMO, Jamie, Rambo, Ny, G.O, files, Kmed (if he comes back and starts posting again), 101 Steve, et al... I would have nothing. 

I really do enjoy their comments and perspective of the games and what is being said related to the team on a daily basis.

If it gets pinned up in a different area (front porch or a new section for other sports or stays the same) I would vote for the ability to discuss other fan favorite teams here on the BBH as I have little desire or time to start going somewhere else for such things.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Chris

Sem

NFT, NGT, etc is, NBD (no big deal).  I say leave as is.   ;)

GFICO

I say leave as is.  No harm in keeping as long as posts are properly tagged and pertain to other sports.  I would not like to see NFT that pertain to politics for instance.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

St Marys

Keep as is would get my vote.   Stuck away somewhere else is definitely out of sight, out of mind,.

tomeee

My vote is to move them.

To start with this is a Giants board. While I'm all for NFT's and I understand that they typically drift away naturally the Rangers thread (as an example) is not that. It has become permanent on the front page for months. I feel the Rangers thread has become a placeholder for an ongoing discussion of hockey. This is great and I understand that members here want to discuss other sports with friends here. I simply do not see the down side to having these threads on another board. Add the other board to your favorites and get in the habit of checking it regularly. I used the Rangers thread as the primary example but I could see the same for a Knicks thread, Soccer thread, Yankees thread.... Where does it end?

Uni

The NFT's aren't choking the board by any means, so I have no problem with everything in one place.  If there were so many topics that the NFT's were pushing the Giants topics off the first page it would be one thing, but the posters here are good about adding to existing threads instead of starting their own topics.

files58

ELCHALJE

FuglyStick

I've seen other team boards incorporate sub forums for non-sports discussions, but I don't believe there is enough traffic here to do the same.  And that's not a bad thing; this board works great as a Giants-centric forum.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: vette on February 16, 2012, 10:07:22 AM
We would like your input on how you feel about topics that do not relate to football in this forum. That would pertain mainly to the discussion of other sports such as Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Boxing and Soccer.

Do you like to see these threads here? Only in the off season? Would like to see them moved after they get legs to a separate "Other Sports Board" with one tacked up thread with all the other sports topics and a link to the thread? Keep the discussion here only to football and move them as they come up?

Obviously we will not all agree on this, but there has to be a majority opinion on this. Right now, it's allowed to stay and discuss. Some of these threads have longevity such as the Ranger's thread. If you aren't interested you can ignore them. Those of no interest drop from the first page pretty quickly.

Would those of you who post on the Ranger's thread go to a "Sports Extra" board to discuss the Rangers and Hockey or would it be out of sight out of mind?

Thank you in advance for your perspective.

Ed

I have no real problem with the way it is, but I'll throw out a question.  Is there any capability in the board software to allow a user to Ignore a thread, so it doesn't come up on the thread list for that user any more?  Then it wouldn't really matter.  Anyone not wanting to see those threads on the main board could just Ignore them and they'd never see them while those who like them can be accommodated.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

T200

Count me in for "as-is" also.

As mentioned earlier, the NFTs get moved off the first page by attrition due to low interest as it is. This forum continues to be Giants-related-information driven. We all come here for our Giants fix. It's ok to have some NFT/NGT info to share with the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: