News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

We need your feedback on NFT's

Started by vette5573, February 16, 2012, 10:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

As is. The Jeremy Lin stuff applies to many Giants fans. The Rangers, too. I don't care about that. Yanks have a baseball board, so no problem there, Mets too, ugh. That would be the parameter here, I hope. Breaking stories about celebrities, those kind of things I don't mind.

Giant Obsession

I would vote keep as is, but honestly I would find the Rangers thread if it had it's own category.  The posters there are great and knowledgeable...it is a must read daily for me.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Section 101 Steve

Ed,
I say leave it as is. Just keep 1 thread per sport like we have now and add to it and not have multi threads. Like a lot of others on board I follow our other teams like rangers, knicks and yankees. I like it on our boards because you don't have the lunatics and a lot of the foul language like you have on other boards. You actually have good perspectives done in respectful manner. I don't think it has taken away from our giants news. My 2 cents.
Steve
sm

giantsguy

Quote from: CAGiantFan on February 16, 2012, 03:31:10 PM
Quote from: vette on February 16, 2012, 10:07:22 AM
We would like your input on how you feel about topics that do not relate to football in this forum. That would pertain mainly to the discussion of other sports such as Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Boxing and Soccer.

Do you like to see these threads here? Only in the off season? Would like to see them moved after they get legs to a separate "Other Sports Board" with one tacked up thread with all the other sports topics and a link to the thread? Keep the discussion here only to football and move them as they come up?

Obviously we will not all agree on this, but there has to be a majority opinion on this. Right now, it's allowed to stay and discuss. Some of these threads have longevity such as the Ranger's thread. If you aren't interested you can ignore them. Those of no interest drop from the first page pretty quickly.

Would those of you who post on the Ranger's thread go to a "Sports Extra" board to discuss the Rangers and Hockey or would it be out of sight out of mind?

Thank you in advance for your perspective.

Ed

I have no real problem with the way it is, but I'll throw out a question.  Is there any capability in the board software to allow a user to Ignore a thread, so it doesn't come up on the thread list for that user any more?  Then it wouldn't really matter.  Anyone not wanting to see those threads on the main board could just Ignore them and they'd never see them while those who like them can be accommodated.

I would say leave as is generally, but I like CA's proposal.  I think that would be a nice option for those not interested in the other NFT or NGT threads.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

gregf

slg11

Keep as is. just mark the thread as a nft.

SimmsXXI

Quote from: UniHamachi on February 16, 2012, 01:52:12 PM
The NFT's aren't choking the board by any means, so I have no problem with everything in one place.  If there were so many topics that the NFT's were pushing the Giants topics off the first page it would be one thing, but the posters here are good about adding to existing threads instead of starting their own topics.

I just joined, so my opinion on this is relatively insignificant, but I have lurked for a while, and I think this makes the most sense now.  But, if the board expanded and it became like BBI, where 1 out of 25 threads is an intelligent thread,  at most, then yes I would move them.  But for now, the NFT's are not out of control and are generally about topics that Giants fans would be interested in, such as the Rangers thread.
Nobody Can Say You Couldn't Do It, Because You Just Did It--Bill Parcells After Super Bowl XXI

UKGiantsFan

Keep as is. This is about the only NFT I've bothered to open in months save for the Lin one and that was only because I didn't know who the hell he was  Redfaced

Grime Time

As is,   It's not outta control.   
Get busy livin ,  or get busy dying.

Webster29

I am not at all a techno person so I wouldn't know but unless there is some sort of technical advantage to moving non football postings to a different board I am in favor of leaving them right here.  To me this board is not at all crowded.   I go down the list and what grabs my attention I read and perhaps respond to and what doesn't I pass by.  In fact we have a separate location for baseball but I have no problem with people posting baseball topics on the main board.  I check the baseball board fairly often but once and a while I miss something I wish I had seen earlier. 

dasher

I think the continuation of NFT or NGT topics on the main board is fine. But, I wouldn't be opposed to moving threads on other teams, i.e. the Knicks and Rangers and Soccer to what is a very much underutilized Baseball board and renaming that board. Retro was what made the baseball board go, and last year there were minimal threads there.

vette5573

Ok, loud and clear. Leave the NFT's other sports topics as is unless they become too prevalent on the front page, which most of you don't believe will happen. It enhances the community. If you don't want to discuss it, ignore the thread.

Thank you all for your responses.

Let's fast forward a bit. Let's say it's now Draft time, OTA's, Mini Camp, Summer Camp, Pre-season etc. and Football is starting to get into the swing of things and other sports will wind down by the summer with the exception of baseball. Those threads on Hockey and Basketball will certainly fall off the from page. Last season the Baseball board existed from April throughout the year on one page, BUT, this is a baseball town. There seems to be a lot more interest in Baseball than any other non-football sport especially considering the seasons both New York teams had. So, does it make sense to keep the Baseball board as it is?

Would you like to have another board of "Other Sports" to discuss anything of interest year around? We could actually save popular topics of other sports that wind up falling off the front page so that they don't get lost and the discussion could continue, or at least there will be some archive of the content put forth there. Some fans put a considerable about of time and thought into their posts, especially when it comes to research and the compilation of stats.

So, to review:

Incorporate an all Sports theme into the Baseball Forum.

Set up another "Sports Extra" board for other sports other than Baseball and Football to have year around discussion of other sports? (leaving NFT's to their life cycle and then moving them after they fall off the front page) Leave the Baseball Board as is!

Don't change a thing. It ain't broke, don't fix it!

BlueMoshik

LennG

As one of the Mods here, we have discussed this before so I won't give my opinion here, but as some one brought up, if you don't want to read it, you just skip over it. I, personally, like hockey, but I don't come here to talk about it, so as long as that Rangers thread has been up, I have never opened it. That's each posters choice. As long as it is labeled NFT and the topic clearly states what the thread is about, it gives every person here ample opportunity to open it or skip it.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

terrymeisner

As long as it is labeled NFT and the topic clearly states what the thread is about, it gives every person here ample opportunity to open it or skip it.

well said , lenn....i think we all agree on this ....go Giants!!!!!