News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Coverage 2012 - My first draft value board

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 06, 2012, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

Hi All,
         Am not sure how much time I'll have to write in-depth articles at each position this year so am going to try to use the technology available - at least I HOPE I will be able to! - to give you all things to think about and discuss when it comes to the draft and the Giants.

The link below should take you to my first draft value board so you have an idea as to how to I think things are shaping up at present.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asdx0POyk_aTdFpsWHBYSVBKaTk5eGFGOFRlS3RyNHc#gid=0

NB: This is nothing more than a first stab so it will change markedly by the time I get around to publishing the final one on the morning of the first day of the draft.

MightyGiants

Here is another way to see the board.  This is outstanding work.  This is the sort of board NFL war rooms use to plan draft strategy and figure out where a position is deep the draft.  Plus it better illustrates value when you talk best athlete available.  At any given time there is a good chance multiple players in the same slot will be there for the taking
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

giantsguy

Lot of work involved there, nice job.  Thank you.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

Chris

Painter

Well done, Ceri. No room to even quibble. Maybe just a little uncertainty as to whether Tannehill with only 19 starts at QB is full value in the Top 10. Of course, that's where he may go given the needs of teams like the Browns and Dolphins. But that is franchise QB territory.

Great job, my friend.

Cheers!

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Painter on April 06, 2012, 09:38:31 PM
Well done, Ceri. No room to even quibble. Maybe just a little uncertainty as to whether Tannehill with only 19 starts at QB is full value in the Top 10. Of course, that's where he may go given the needs of teams like the Browns and Dolphins. But that is franchise QB territory.

Great job, my friend.

Cheers!

I don't know about 'full value' with Tannehill just that he has lots of 'potential' and that will get him drafted high. My board is pretty much a combo of where I rank players within their position group plus a consensus of other sites and hints from NFL teams as to where they think he'll go. For instance, the 4th ranked QB on my list, Kirk Cousins, I think will be a total bust - he's just not very good at all - but I'm sure someone will take him in the early-mid 2nd round regardless simply because he's a QB. Still, at least it pushes down another good player to us at the end of the 2nd round  ;)

MP21WAYS2PAY

That looks like a solid draft board, lots of intrigue this year after pick 3.  Do you think it is only a matter of time before The Commissar Goodell bans boos at the draft?  You know, the safety of players feelings is his next mission.

Painter

I figured that might be your reasoning, Ceri.  Actually, it's what makes your board so good. It's realistic.
Teams with needs may overvalue to address those needs, most particularly when the need is for a starting (franchise?) QB. Both the Browns and 'phins may see Tannehill as their only realistic opportunity. A decision reached to pass on Richardson, Blackmon, and Floyd may depend on whether either can imagine Brandon Weeden as an Andy Dalton.

As for Cousins, I agree that 43-52 is way too high for a guy who projects as a backup on a WCO team.

Cheers!

Dumpster Dan

Ceri

Would you consider Lavonte David too far of a "reach" if the Giants took him at 32?  I am not suggesting the Giants are going LB just curious about David--There will probably be better value still at 32 before they would take David

Fladan

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Fladan on April 16, 2012, 03:22:28 AM
Ceri

Would you consider Lavonte David too far of a "reach" if the Giants took him at 32?  I am not suggesting the Giants are going LB just curious about David--There will probably be better value still at 32 before they would take David

Fladan

Hi Dan,
            My hope is always that the Giants draft someone I have ranked at least 5 slots higher than where they pick at so that (in my mind at least) they get 'value'.

I do like David, but he won;t rate amongst my top 27 prospects and therefore I don't think his selection would offer any value whatsoever if taken at 32.