News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2012 - Offense

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 08, 2012, 03:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

RB Preview

The talent available
While there is good depth, there aren

afan56

Thanks Ceri,
A lot for me to enjoy looking at. I like the size of all these guys as I don't like tall RB's.
Bob

sooners56

I am in the minority in thinking the Giants should go after a RB with the 32nd pick.  IMO the Giants started getting hot at the end of the season when they were getting some better production out of the running game. The reason for this is b/c AB came back although not healthy but healthier and the slight improvement in the OLine. If the Giants pick Lamar Miller I believe he instantly upgrades the explosiveness of the offense. The opposing defenses would HAVE to pay attention to the home run hitter in Miller and also the explosiveness of the receivers. If the Giants stay pat with what they have at RB or pick one of these "violent runners" the offense doesn't improve IMO. So I wouldn't be disappointed with a RB picked at 32nd.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

sooners56

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

vette5573

Do you truly believe that Jerry Reese will trade down in the first round, Ceri?

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Vette on April 09, 2012, 09:16:37 AM
Do you truly believe that Jerry Reese will trade down in the first round, Ceri?

Depends on who is available and with what grade. If for instance we have 5 we like with similar grades available at 32 why wouldn't we go down a few spots into the top of the 2nd knowing we're still likely to have a choice between at least 3 of them if dropping 5 spots?

If however we have five we like and one has a far higher grade we take them and forget about trades.

Similarly, if we only have two guys we like with similar 1st round grades we pick one because the odds are poor on us getting either if we trade out of the 1st round altogether - we know what the team needs are of those sitting behind us so we'll have a fair idea whether they will take one of the guys we like if we pass them up to drop down.

MightyGiants

Ceri,

While trading down makes sense for the Giants, the other question who does it make sense trading up?  I would think most teams would be in a similar position as the Giants and not inclined to move up.   In the past most trades in this area tend to involve a team moving up to draft a QB so they can say they got their first round QB (there seems to be a stigma if you grab your QB in the second round). 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

vette5573

I thought that the Giants/Reese could have traded down the last couple of years and obtained great value but he never pulled the trigger.

UKGiantsFan

OT Preview

The talent available
There is decent quality of depth at both LT and RT positions that will last well into the second day of the draft (if not beyond) but few will have an immediate impact. There is only one

MightyGiants

Good job Ceri.  Andrews is a free agent though.  He was placed on IR but he only had a one year deal.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 15, 2012, 08:38:16 AM
Good job Ceri.  Andrews is a free agent though.  He was placed on IR but he only had a one year deal.

Oops, I'll amend that now

DesG89

A god read as always Ceri. Based on this preview you obviously see guys like Glenn and Osemele as OGs at the pro level

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: DesG89 on April 15, 2012, 11:20:01 AM
A god read as always Ceri. Based on this preview you obviously see guys like Glenn and Osemele as OGs at the pro level

Correct. I see Osemele as the type of player who if played at RT could get his QB killed. Hopefully he''ll get drafted by Philadelphia and be played there then  =))

Jaime

Ceri, I like Ballard, got him in My Mock. He might be alittle better than u give him credit for as a check-down RB. Ballard had 10 catches for 106 yards & a TD in 2010, 20 catches for 187 yards & a TD in 2011. He's got good hands & has a nose for that 1st Down marker. He's built like a Pro & gets the yards that r there. Agree in that his skill set is a good fit for our needs.
Durable as well, saw no injury history on him. He's a good ST'er, hustles & seeks contact.