News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2012 - Offense

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 08, 2012, 03:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

Ceri, I share your views on RBs so closely, I need not comment except in regard to "trading out" of 32. Two things would be required for it to even be a consideration: 1. Someone would have to make them a really good offer. 2. It would not cost them a shot at a player they really wanted.     

Cheers!

Painter

Really well done, and spot on as usual.

Many thanks.

Cheers!

UKGiantsFan

G Preview

The talent available
There is very good depth at Guard this year with future starters likely to be taken well into the mid rounds and several very good prospects available. You could go so far as to say there is a veritable smorgasbord of talent to suit both zone blocking and power schemes.

The Giants seemingly have a prototype for the position of a no taller than 6

DesG89

Good stuff Ceri. This was the preview I was waiting for since unlike many who believe we're good inside with Boothe & Petrus, I think an upgrade in talent is needed. Was hoping you'd give an opinion on Osemele & Washington but since you don't see them as prototypes I understand. An omission of Konz suggests either there's going to be a center preview or you don't see him as a fit either.

I've watched Silatolu's near 13 minute highlight reel & not only am I intrigued but would have no problem if his name was called at 32 or in a trade down.Heck if Glenn falls & he's the pick I'll do backflips. I watch this kid & I think he has Shawn Andrews type ability

Jaime

Ceri & DesG89, my concern wouldn't be Petrus or Boothe. Believe they made enough of a statement last season to feel good with them @ LG in 2012. My concern is Snee. Was last year a hiccup? Or was it the harbinger of things to come? I believe the later (Ceri). He's got alot of wear on his 30 year old body. Believe our interior line selection should be designed as Snee's replacement. That's why in My Mock I have us selecting James Brown from Troy. Although he excelled @ LT, his skill set & Frame will be better suited for G @ the next level. Brown lost 50 lbs. of bad weight & consistently maintained his current playing weight.

Brown @ 6' - 4" 306 lbs. is an agile red shirt Sr. OL with long arms (34 1/2") & powerfull hands, & a 5.3 40. This Prospect excels in drive blocking. Bit raw in his technique, nothing Coach Flaherty can't handle. Thinkin' Brown's quick feet, & no-quit attitude will be a good fit for us @ RG. Some may think I'm a bit high with his selection @ #63 overall, but I'm sold on this Prospect, & wouldn't want to lose him while waiting for our our next selection @ #94 overall to arrive.
No injury history seen.

Stinged18

I think Matt McCant would be a great fit for the giants. The rest of the division has a lot of speed rushers and McCant has really long arms and can move his feet pretty quick for a guy his size. We should be able to get him in the 4th round

Stinged18

I really like Ronnie Hillman from San diego St here. I know he is on the small side and has problems holding onto the ball but he is a touchdown machine and Coughlin can correct the fumbling issue. Plus we can get him in the 4th round.

ViewFromSection129

I really like the idea of Massie, although I suspect that the Giants would not go in that direction so quickly after taking Brewer.  Not that I think Massie is not better, but that I don't see the Giants going for another RT type and giving up on Brewer so quickly.

FWIW, I would love an OT, but I suspect that the Giants are comfortable rolling with Beatty, Diehl, Brewer, and Locklear for this year.  Just my suspicion.

Chris

They brought in Gray for an evaluation.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: DanUK on April 19, 2012, 01:33:27 PM
Oh dear, Mike Adams!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/report-mike-adams-tested-positive-for-pot-at-scouting-combine/

LOL. I'm thanking my lucky stars for this news. Yet another red flag on this guy all but assures me that the Giants WON'T be selecting him in the 1st round  =D>

nygnts4ever

There has been some talk about teams potentially trading up to take the QB Weeden, from OK State.  I for one, think that the 32nd pick will generate some interest.....especially with the emphasis that the 1st pick of the second round draws at this point. 

Not saying the GIANTS trade out...but if it's a back we are looking at, and I think we will be...I agree that we can trade down and still get quality....

Kevin Karcher

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

afan56

Sounds very bad for him, like he is so addicted he couldn't go a week or two witrhout it. And reading the comments on the reporting website, it seems there are a LOT of marijuana addicts out there, justifying it's use.

Stinged18

The did a mock draft on moving the chains  on friday and they had the giants taking Adams. They followed by saying they wont have any problem taking him because they took the same risk with brashaw and that turned out ok. I was thinking bradshaw was drafted in the 7th round not the first, so there is a huge difference. 7th rounders are not expected to produce like bradshaw has.

Stinged18

Reese stated that the players from 15-30 have the same value so I think if one of them falls to the giants at 32 they wont trade the pick because they feel they are getting a top 15 player. If those guys are all taken I can def see them trading down if they can get what they want.