News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anatomy of a Play: The Big Hitter Breaks Down the Cruz 99 Yard Touchdown Catch

Started by bighitterdalama, May 27, 2012, 02:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob_mtl

Big Hitter,

To be honest with you I don't know enough of Kyle Wilson ability, but my guess is that he is the weak link. Kyle Wilson is playing off a good 5 yards, I don't see the press coverage. Now it' looks like that match up is a mistake Eli Manning should and will exploit. I don't know if this play was audibled or what but Victor Cruz is the primary receiver (he runs it to the sticks (10 yards)).Barden and Beckum run interference.  Cromartie is a damn good corner, he knows that IF the Giants decide to pass the ball will goto Cruz (in this case the matchup dictates where the ball will go). Cromartie reacts so quickly that he actually gets to Cruz before Wilson. Cromartie and Wilson converge on Cruz but fail to tackle him. The safety expects Victor to go down, he slows down just enough to get burned.
"You cannot strengthen one by weakening another; and you cannot add to the stature of a dwarf by cutting off the leg of a giant."BENJAMIN FRANKLIN FAIRLESS