News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle Annual BBQ and Get Together 2012

Started by vette5573, June 07, 2012, 08:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

Hi everyone,

For those of you new to the site, every year we have been meeting in Albany for Giants Training Camp the first weekend of August. Most come up for the weekend on Friday night or Saturday Morning staying at one of the many affordable Hotels in the Capital District. Some come up a few days earlier and stay later.

Every Poster is invited. As long as we know you, glad to have you. This year the weekend is August 4th and 5th.

We dedicate one evening for a dinner at one of the fine restaurants on either Friday or Saturday night and we have a BBQ at a local park, where everyone brings something from a list we post on a thread.

This is a fun weekend where you get to meet with your fellow Giants Fans and catch a practice or two. In the past there were morning and evening practices. This year all practices are at 1PM. They last for about 2 hours.

According to the schedule, there will be one practice on Saturday at 1PM and no practice on Sunday. So in order to make plans, we need to know how flexible your schedule is. We can do one of the following:

A) Dinner on Friday night (8/3) and BBQ after practice Saturday (8/4) at Giantsguy's house.

OR

B) Dinner Saturday night (8/4) and a BBQ Sunday (8/5).

Please respond to this thread for what works for you keeping in mind that if YOU are flexible it works out best for the group. Also if you have any questions, ask them on this thread.

Added calendar dates to options to help clear it up - pagan43)

babywhales

Although I am far from a certainty I would vote for A.

You referenced the first weekend, have you decided on the 4th ?
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

vette5573

Quote from: babywhales on June 07, 2012, 09:03:13 AM
Although I am far from a certainty I would vote for A.

You referenced the first weekend, have you decided on the 4th ?

4th and 5th of August.

Bill Brown

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

weeze

since the WHALES owes me 3 bucks, ill vote for whatever the WHALES wants. only thing i would lean towards a sunday bar b q because i have 2 little nephews, under five years of age who id like to have along for the gathering. I think their parents would prefer a early afternoon type bar b q.
BUT since ill be visting with my bro all weekend i will go along with what the group wants.
Im glad we are organizing . it just makes it SO much easier for me to plan cuz i have to fly. but like most people it isnt about the giants, its about seeing my friends from the board. so ill go with whatever as long as i pass my catscans tomorrow.
oh and ill mention this, shrimp season in the gulf opened 3 weeks early because of the large numbers and large number of shrimp available. so if you guys want shrimp instead of trout say so and ill score some large white tigers and freeze em up.
lmk
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Shoelessjoe

Being a day tripper I would prefer the BBQ on Saturday, however if we go to dinner Saturday then I wouldn't mind staying late and then heading back after.  I will not be back for Sunday.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Jaime

Me & Res will be down for Plan B. Either the Park or George's joint will work.

Weeze, why would u scan your CAT? :hmm:

weeze

oh no! Betsy the labrador repiddler ISNT a dawg?

LennG

I, most likely cannot do A, so I vote for B.

Why push everything into one day??
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Webster29

Sat 8/4 is definitely out for me so I'll have to go for B

slg11

I'm not sure we will be able to attend this year,  so in the finest traditions of american politics I abstain. How's that for taking a position.

weeze

are you becoming a libertarian on us slg? maybe converting to unitarism?  :what:

zephirus

While option B would probably work best from me, there is no practice on Sunday, only Saturday.

Training camp dates got released yesterday.
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-announce-Training-Camp-Schedule/358c3f2b-4c79-4ec6-8d78-3171fae5723d

Fri., Aug. 3: 1:00 p.m.
Sat., Aug. 4: 1:00 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 5: No Practice