News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle Annual BBQ and Get Together 2012

Started by vette5573, June 07, 2012, 08:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach1

Guys
I read through the chain, can I get a clarification on the schedule?  I would like to come up and it would be really good to meet everyone.

jimv

Friday...Some guys are coming up & will attend the 1 PM practice.  Then go out to dinner together.

Saturday...Some arrive that day.  Practice is at 1 PM.  Some won't get there til after practice.  Again, dinner together in the evening.

Sunday...BBQ at George's at noon. 

weeze

is that japanese resturant we went to a couple years ago still open? I liked that jpoint. anyplace where the chief chops stuff up and throws food at ya I vote for!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

President Rick

First, many thanks in advance to George for agreeing to host the BBQ. 

Second, will the moderators start a new thread with who's coming and what we should plan to bring?
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Jaime

terry, bummed u won't make the scene. Spoke to u, but haven't had the pleasure of meeting u face to face.
Maybe @ a game this season?

Do we have a check list for items being brought by attendees?
Or, do we just contribute to George's kitty?
i'm sooooooo stoked. :dance:

p.s. Lenn is now known as "Mario"? What happened to "Fonzie" with all that hair?
Umpire huh? Recall the scene in "My Blue Heaven" where the lady hands the Umpire a huge roll & says
"The boys r gonna win, right?". Of course Rodney D. greasing the Starter/umpire @ the beginning of the match saying "Keep it fair" was classic.
U r plenty tough to keep up with Bro...

giantsguy

Quote from: weeze on June 28, 2012, 06:41:26 AM
is that japanese resturant we went to a couple years ago still open? I liked that jpoint. anyplace where the chief chops stuff up and throws food at ya I vote for!

There are a couple of them on Western Ave, yes, still open... 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

giantsguy

Quote from: President Rick on June 28, 2012, 01:41:10 PM
First, many thanks in advance to George for agreeing to host the BBQ. 

Second, will the moderators start a new thread with who's coming and what we should plan to bring?

Very welcome Rick, happy to do it.  It should be fun.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

vette5573

I'll call George and we will start a new thread after the July 4th weekend.

LennG

Quotep.s. Lenn is now known as "Mario"? What happened to "Fonzie" with all that hair?
Umpire huh? Recall the scene in "My Blue Heaven" where the lady hands the Umpire a huge roll & says
"The boys r gonna win, right?". Of course Rodney D. greasing the Starter/umpire @ the beginning of the match saying "Keep it fair" was classic.
U r plenty tough to keep up with Bro...

Thanks my friend----------------------I think :surprise: :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

at this point it looks like big weeze and I, and possibly maryweeze< sister in law, will want to attend dinner fri and sat. so after july 4th we need to pick a spot and a time to meet. ill give vette or m.g. or somebody a phone number for big weeze. right now i dont think ill be attending any actual practices due to physical limitations , and thats ok. im coming up to see my buds, and LENN.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

vette5573

Weeze, there is a handicap accessible area and I will hang with you and help you in any way you need.

Shoelessjoe

Jaime

Weeze, I'm disabled. Jints staff couldn't have been nicer attending to my needs. I watched Practice from the sideline, & was driven back & forth @ my convenience. Just call Jints front office Customer relations dept.
P.M. me if u need more Intel.

LennG

Quote from: Somersjoe on June 29, 2012, 12:30:24 PM
So Weeze Lenn is not a bud? :laugh:

I was thinking that EXACT thing :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Now I was going to offer the Gator squeezin's man my handicapped sticker and maybe the use of my cane, but the guy probably wants to be carried in on a throne, saying, "Here I am, let the party begin"
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Plus Jaime will get you hooked up with some of the nurses there, so watch out for him. I happened to catch his 'moves' last year watching practice. :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

vette5573

Quote from: Mach1 on June 27, 2012, 10:49:26 PM
Guys
I read through the chain, can I get a clarification on the schedule?  I would like to come up and it would be really good to meet everyone.

Looking forward to meeting you. You come highly endorsed by a mutual friend. Lol