News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle Annual BBQ and Get Together 2012

Started by vette5573, June 07, 2012, 08:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

terrymeisner

maybe plan events on both days so those that can only be there one day can still get to see those that are there multiple days....go Giants!!!!!

giantsguy

Quote from: LennG on June 07, 2012, 07:09:54 PM
I, most likely cannot do A, so I vote for B.

Why push everything into one day??

Lenn, regardless of what we do when, you have to be here even if I have to come get you myself !!!!
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

vette5573

Let's at least confirm the location as George's house. OK?

weeze

i vote for georges pinball palace!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

terrymeisner

i appreciate George's offer and have no problem with it being there....i just want to see the guys

terrymeisner

some other things going on in the area......

"A" ball.....the Tri city Valley Cats (Houston) play  the Mahonig Valley Scrappers (Cleveland) at J Bruno Stadium which isn't far from Georges place....this is a real nice minor league park that is very family oriented which means it's cheap

Sat 7pm....Sunday 5 pm....Monday 11 am

Saratoga Race Track will be in full swing with a card Sunday for those inclined

there are also some very good golf courses in the area.....my fave in the area is one bill (webster29) turned me on to.....Saratoga Lakes.....the starter there is a Giant's fan

giantsguy

Quote from: terrymeisner on June 09, 2012, 05:10:43 PM
some other things going on in the area......

"A" ball.....the Tri city Valley Cats (Houston) play  the Mahonig Valley Scrappers (Cleveland) at J Bruno Stadium which isn't far from Georges place....this is a real nice minor league park that is very family oriented which means it's cheap

Sat 7pm....Sunday 5 pm....Monday 11 am

Saratoga Race Track will be in full swing with a card Sunday for those inclined

there are also some very good golf courses in the area.....my fave in the area is one bill (webster29) turned me on to.....Saratoga Lakes.....the starter there is a Giant's fan

J Bruno stadium is less than ten minutes from me...  as for golf courses, there are the ones up north, but two minutes from my place is Frear Park.  I don't golf, but if you guys want to golf there, I know people who golf in leagues there and can probably get you guys some tee times or all the info you want.  From what I've heard, it's not a bad course and it's 18 holes and the food is really good if anyone wants to grab a burger or something after a round.  Let me know. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

vette5573

Anyone attending the BBQ at George's house, please check your email address on your account. The address and directions will be e-mailed to you before the event. If you want it sent to a different email address, then shoot George a Personal Message (PM).

vette5573

Rich and JimV, why not invite some of our favorite beat writers if it's on Sunday? I'm thinking Patty, Ralph, MikeG.

tomeee

I vote for saturday this way we can include a practice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vette5573

This is how it looks so far. If there is a question mark by your name it's because it wasn't clear as to your option. It's split right now and can go either way. Those who chose one date, if you are flexible, please say so. Zeph, you said that B would be best, but does that mean if it was A that you would still come?

This turnout looks a little weak compared to previous turnouts, so far. Also how many would be coming with you?

Saturday-  Whales,  ps11yat14,  Somersjoe?, Tomeee

Sunday- Jaime, Res, LennG, Webster29,

Open-  Vette-2, Weeze, MightyGiants, PresidentRick, Zephirus?, GiantsGuy, TerryMeisner?

giantsguy

Just a side note, if anyone is bringing youngsters, feel free to bring DVD's if you want.  IF you can get the TV away from Rich and Ed while they are watching the Suberbowl, we can play the dvd's for the kids to keep them happy !!!  Also, if you have yard games for the kids, feel free.  Please, no Darts !!   :hurt:
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

weeze

well for sure ill have BIG WEEZE with me. now if its sunday instead of late saturday i may have mrs. BIGWEEZE, DARYL and MAURAWEEZE and their two little ones MR>TONGUE WEEZE and SIMONWEEZE
thatss a lottaweeze !
this is why id prefer sunday so the little ones can be there. but but but BUT BUT we havent heard from the DRAKE or capt DASHER!!!!! WTF<OVER?
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

babywhales

If I can make it I can do sunday, it is just less than ideal.  But put me in the open category ed.  Talking to Tonka thou this week abouta road trip to the bbq.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S