News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle Annual BBQ and Get Together 2012

Started by vette5573, June 07, 2012, 08:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeze

i just purchased my plane ticket. i hope all of you treat me with all the respect earned from having to change planes in ....GASP!....PHILLY!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

weeze

on sat august 4 "Hemmings Motor News at Saratoga Automobile museum" will have a "sports and exotic " car show. admission is free. hours of the show are 8 to 4 p,m., judging at 1 pm. address is 110 avenue of the pines saratoga, ny.
criteria is : limited to pre 1988 sports cars, gt, and all exotics from Great Britian, Germany , France Sweden, and japan. featured classes for 2012 are Ferrari, VW, the MG T series , 2 stroke motorcycles, late model exotics from 1987 to present. any additional info can be found at.......www.hemmings.com/saratoga
man if you want to see some vw ghias, old ferrarri and porsche 356 bseries plus a crapload of the older italian supercars this is it. and its free.
now ive been to pebble beach a couple of times and usually the cars arent roped off just dont touch em. i can imagine this show will be crowded as hell but if you just want to see some cars, gothere at 7;45 am and wander around, the show doesnt start till 10:am buy u can get in probably from 7 am on or so.
just something to think about!

LennG

So you would rather go see a bunch of old scrap metal cars instead of watching the World Champion NY Giants practice??? :boooo: :boooo: :boooo:

If you want, I'll drive my DW's car up there, now THERE is a real oldie but a goodie,and I don't mean in the classic sense.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

hey all im doing is putting up a notice regarding a very very good car concours. you can make it into anything you want!
they still let you have a license at your age?

LennG

Hell yeah. As an Umpire, I can see everything that needs to be seen. I can't hear worth a damn, can't bend too well either, but driving, they don't call me Lenn "Mario Andretti' G for nothin'.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

terrymeisner

well it looks like i am going to have to bow out .....i left it too late putting in my vacation request and when i went into work today i was told  it got denied....i have almost no seniority at this place which sucks and other people have booked time off around that weekend

on a brighter note, they told me i was good for the time off in november for the bengals game

weeze

that sucks, we were looking forward to seeing yhou bro!

murderhill

Quote from: weeze on June 22, 2012, 10:48:58 AM
on sat august 4 "Hemmings Motor News at Saratoga Automobile museum" will have a "sports and exotic " car show. admission is free. hours of the show are 8 to 4 p,m., judging at 1 pm. address is 110 avenue of the pines saratoga, ny.
criteria is : limited to pre 1988 sports cars, gt, and all exotics from Great Britian, Germany , France Sweden, and japan. featured classes for 2012 are Ferrari, VW, the MG T series , 2 stroke motorcycles, late model exotics from 1987 to present. any additional info can be found at.......www.hemmings.com/saratoga
man if you want to see some vw ghias, old ferrarri and porsche 356 bseries plus a crapload of the older italian supercars this is it. and its free.
now ive been to pebble beach a couple of times and usually the cars arent roped off just dont touch em. i can imagine this show will be crowded as hell but if you just want to see some cars, gothere at 7;45 am and wander around, the show doesnt start till 10:am buy u can get in probably from 7 am on or so.
just something to think about!
You kidding?  Go to Southern California where rust hasn't even been invented yet.  You could take a tour of all these little storefronts with old, restored cars on display that just absolutely knocks your socks off.  If you dress classy and pull up in a Bentley, they probably will let you test drive a few.

murderhill

I'm trying to plan my bike trip to Bradenton and back and I'm a little shocked at how much time it's going to take to get there and back in time for the BBQ.   400 miles a day is the target and the whole trip is going to be over 3,000 miles.  Divided up I'm looking at 8 days, realistically.  The total number of days on the trip will be 18.  Leaves me 10 days to play some golf, Catch fish, wander around mountains in PA, MD, VA, WV, TE and the Ozarks in No. Georgia.  I have to hug my two sisters, one sister-in-law and one brother-in-law and the all of you guys.

I've never had to be this organized in my life. 
Of course none of this will matter if I get in a fatal accident.  I'll call you guys to let you know I won't be coming if that happens.

weeze

hey man, i lived in california for 14 years. 2 towns over from pebble beach. i think ive seen some cars............

giantsguy

Quote from: terrymeisner on June 22, 2012, 08:35:23 PM
well it looks like i am going to have to bow out .....i left it too late putting in my vacation request and when i went into work today i was told  it got denied....i have almost no seniority at this place which sucks and other people have booked time off around that weekend

on a brighter note, they told me i was good for the time off in november for the bengals game

Terry, sorry my friend.  You will be missed.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

terrymeisner

george...i will certainly miss the guys as well....the worst part about losing a job of over 20 years is when you get another job you don't carry your seniority with you.....oh well at least i have a job ....go Giants!!!!!

weeze

and ive noticed no word from the drake. i talked with slg and hes beggining the whole process of retireing and moving to ....GASP! FLORIDUH so he doesnt think they can make it. so what kinda count we have here?

giantsguy

I believe Ed is keeping track.  If I remember correctly, a short time back he mentioned the number 16.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

vette5573