News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle BBQ Shopping and To Bring List

Started by vette5573, July 07, 2012, 01:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

I have been updating everything. Check the math.

weeze

I dont understand your comment jim so maybe you can explain it to me?
im not sure exactly how much  fish i have but its a bunch. figger some folks dont like it so there should be enough for anyone that wants it to avail themselves of a fillet or two. and besides we always seem to have more food then we need right?so dont let the fish have any bearing on what you guys plan to buy/cook, hey who knows maybe the cooler will get clipped in flight. never know these days.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

jimv

You understood it, weeze.  You answered it.

vette5573

Quote from: vette on July 22, 2012, 08:08:17 PM
I have been updating everything. Check the math.

George, I checked it over and it looks like planning for about 25 looks good, am I right?

Thinking about this, in years past everybody brought food from a list and nobody wanted to be short on an item, so there was plenty left over.

With caterers handing the side stuff and us planning one item per person, it's doubtful we have piles of food left.

Bob In PA

Hi.  I plan to drive up from Harrisburg, PA, and attend the cookout (just me).  Of the remaining items shown in red print on the original note, I can bring a card table and a medium-size cooler if you still need either of those things. Let me know.

Bob in PA
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Also, Jamie, I do enjoy a cigar on occasion, so if you have an extra and wouldn't mind, I'd be glad to assist you in fumigating the front yard.

Bob in PA

vette5573

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 23, 2012, 01:55:13 PM
Hi.  I plan to drive up from Harrisburg, PA, and attend the cookout (just me).  Of the remaining items shown in red print on the original note, I can bring a card table and a medium-size cooler if you still need either of those things. Let me know.

Bob in PA

Please do Bob. It will be great to finally meet.

giantsguy

Ok Ed, that sounds good... I'll have the Deli plan on 30 as we may have some last minute additions...  I will get the burgers, dogs and sausages as well here as well as the rolls, condiments...  all this should easily be covered by the 'gate donation !!'  hahaha...   

Guys, as Ed and I pretty much discussed, you can bring your 'specialty items' and/or any desserts for everyone to enjoy, that's no problem at all.  As for the basics, I think we have that covered.  Also, chairs, coolers, canopies, small grills, anything like that will be helpful.

Also, anyone wanting directions, it would be a great help to me if you PM'd or emailed me your email address;  mine is gdipietr@gmail.com.  That might be the easiest as I have prepared a .pdf of the directions and I have taken photos of the route so it might make it a little easier to find my place from the UAlbany campus.  As I stated before, getting to my place from UAlbany is super simple and won't take you more than 15 minutes.

Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

vette5573

Quote from: giantsguy on July 23, 2012, 03:05:15 PM
Ok Ed, that sounds good... I'll have the Deli plan on 30 as we may have some last minute additions...  I will get the burgers, dogs and sausages as well here as well as the rolls, condiments...  all this should easily be covered by the 'gate donation !!'  hahaha...   

Guys, as Ed and I pretty much discussed, you can bring your 'specialty items' and/or any desserts for everyone to enjoy, that's no problem at all.  As for the basics, I think we have that covered.  Also, chairs, coolers, canopies, small grills, anything like that will be helpful.

Also, anyone wanting directions, it would be a great help to me if you PM'd or emailed me your email address;  mine is gdipietr@gmail.com.  That might be the easiest as I have prepared a .pdf of the directions and I have taken photos of the route so it might make it a little easier to find my place from the UAlbany campus.  As I stated before, getting to my place from UAlbany is super simple and won't take you more than 15 minutes.

I forwarded the directions to everyone attending the BBQ to their E-mail addresses on record with the site. If you remember, I asked that you all check to see if it's up to date. If you didn't get the directions, then PM or e-mail George or myself.
~ Ed

Bob In PA

Thank you. I'm also looking forward to meeting all of you (except Len).

Bob in PA

PS. ,.... who I already know LOL

giantsguy

Ed was gracious enough to send out the directions/photos for me in one email.  However, there may be some question as to whether or not the actual .pdf with the written directions went through.   

If anyone can confirm [or deny] if they indeed did get the written directions please let us know.  Otherwise, I can email them out individually to all those who need them.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

jimv

I got the written directions, George!!!  THANKS!!!  Really, the pix did me no good.

weeze

i got pix but no directions. all i need is the address as mybrother knows the area.
so if someone could just pm me the address ill be good to go.
plus ed, if i could get your cell phone number wed like to join the group for dinner.
thanks
weeze
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Webster29

GEORGE AND ED:   Got the directions and I'm good to go.   Thanks much

vette5573

Quote from: weeze on July 23, 2012, 09:12:12 PM
i got pix but no directions. all i need is the address as mybrother knows the area.
so if someone could just pm me the address ill be good to go.
plus ed, if i could get your cell phone number wed like to join the group for dinner.
thanks
weeze

I sent you both.