News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle BBQ Shopping and To Bring List

Started by vette5573, July 07, 2012, 01:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeze

i talked to the drake this morning . hes in cortland for a family wedding. doesnt know if he can make it or not. i think he should just so i dont have to cook but if i have to well, the huddle comes first.
oh and i got a local rabbi to bless the trout or sprinkle kosher water or whatever they do that makes it kosher....................at least he SAID he was a rabbi, but then again hed been drinking for a few hours and i dont really know the guy and.................. :ok:
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

weeze

my neighbor just stopped by again, gave me another 6 fillets. i thanked him profusely and told him no more, ive got enough. so make no mistake here guys we have a lot of trout. this fish is really mild and even though ive obviously frozen it, i put the fillets in big ziplock bags, cover them in tap water and then take cloths pins to hold the bag up in the freezer so they are totally covered in water while they freeze. this way there is NO freezer burn. so please be prepared to eat fish!

vette5573

Take a look at the head count, Weeze. I'd figure a max of one filet per person. You don't want to buy an extra seat for the fish.

giantsguy

Do we have a headcount??  I told our deli person to plan on portions for 30... is that too low??
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

vette5573

The last count we have is 24 adults. How much are they charging us for the fruit, salad and desert trays per person?

giantsguy

I told her to plan on about 35 or so people... I can cut that down as we get the actual count...  she's also preparing the chicken to be bbq'd, the cheese platter etc.  I didn't get a price, I know she'll be fair about it.  If it doesn't amount to what we asked for a donation from the members, we can refund some bucks.

Also, as I said in another thread.  If anyone knows how to get in touch with Anita Marks or any of the writers or tv personalities, please feel free to invite them to the bbq as our guests. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

President Rick

do we have George's address/ directions yet?  if so, where is it please?
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

vette5573

Quote from: President Rick on July 22, 2012, 11:20:39 AM
do we have George's address/ directions yet?  if so, where is it please?

George is sending it out on a pm or e-mail this week.

giantsguy

As I don't know the attendee list, either I can get the official list from Ed or you guys can email or pm me directly and I'll shoot you out the address, my number and the directions from camp. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

weeze

LennG

You know, I think we are getting way too much food, once again. If Weeze is bringing his Kosher what-you-may-call-it's from the Everglades, don't you think we'd be getter off with a slightly less supply of food. You Are also having franks, burgers and chicken, salads, noshing stuff and then oodles of desserts, how much can one person eat.

If our head count is about 25 adults, i would limit the chicken, burgers and dogs, to about 15 people, plus Weeze's Kosher whatch-em-a call-it's (20 pounds at last count and still counting), I think that would be sufficient. I don't eat any of the meats.

Every year we all bring so much food and be have globs of it left over. hey if there are no burgers left, so people will eat something else. Why over buy and over spend??
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

vette5573

The attendance list is on the other tread, George.

Len, you are right on. The salad order for about 25 people and we will not overbuy the meat. We can always take a trip to the store for more.

jimv

Just a question - Is weeze the one who determines what we eat?

vette5573

Quote from: jimv on July 22, 2012, 06:38:12 PM
Just a question - Is weeze the one who determines what we eat?

Don't mess with the Weeze, Jim.

What does a Weeze eat?

Anything he wants!

Seriously though, George has it covered. If you have any desire, put it down here.

giantsguy

Ed, IF I am reading the attendance list correctly, it shows 24 adults but the last update was on July 8th...  IF that's correct, is that 24 still good?  I've lost track of additions, deletions, etc. so I'm assuming we may be up to 30 or 35...  Remember, I'm old and I get confused easily...  the bbq is Sept. 5th, right?   :crazy:
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!