News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Guidelines for BBH

Started by MightyGiants, May 11, 2007, 09:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Welcome to Big Blue Huddle, a place for civilized discussions about the NY Giants and football.  This forum is intended to be a place for respectful and thoughtful conversation, please conduct yourself accordingly.

Wanted to add a few of the BBH values:

1)  BBH values intelligent, informed and insightful discussion of Giants football

2)  BBH is more than just a internet message board, it's a cyber family
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

If anyone signs up or is already a member and has log in problems, be sure to use the contact us link for help:  Also new signups you should get your confirmation email within 24 hours (confirmed registration prevents spammers)

http://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php?action=contact
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

vette5573

After having some conversation with a couple of the new members, I think it's worth mentioning a few things.

Remember back to your first day coming on this this site or to the bbwc. How did you feel about the closeness of the community and about being respected as a new poster.

I think we should all be mindful that this place could be a little intimidating for new members and for guests who may consider becoming a member. We have over 500 members who signed up for the site. out of all those people, less than 100 post their thoughts and contribute. Out of those 100, only a couple dozen post on a regular basis.

Let's all be welcoming to new members and understand that it takes a little time to get to know the folks here and the lay of the land. Something we might consider ok to say to one of the Hall Of Fame members, might be taken in a different context by a new member. Also consider that our expectations of how we post is a learning experience.

We have several new Members who have put forth some nice posts. If you are a new member, I would like to encourage your feedback on the site. You can use the personal message system and send it to any one of the Moderators you feel comfortable with.

Thank you and we hope you all enjoy the site.