News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

JOBA

Started by Giant Obsession, August 17, 2012, 07:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

I have watched all 4 of his appearances since arm and ankle surgery....he looks like a deer in the headlights.  The reports on his minor league rehab appearances, throwing 99.  In these 4 appearances with the big club, i am seeing straight (no movement) 94 and a slider that rarely has good bite.

I have maintained to those who would listen that fast tracking he and Ian Kennedy (another story that sends me in a rage) we retarded greatly their development and Joba in particular has never become comfortable and confident pitching at the Major League level.

To me, it is time to send him to AA (not a typo) and let him finish out the season and teach him (if possible) some mastery of pitching.  Of course it would really help if the Yankees figure out if is he a relief or starting pitcher.  It looks like they have have settled on relief pitcher, but who knows how the front office and managerial winds truly blow.

I woud be interested in others opinions on this matter.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Webster29

GO:    I pretty much agree with you.   I was never quite comfortable with the Yankees decision to make him a starter.  He was dominating coming out of the pen and he seemed to have a relief picture mentality more so then a starter.   Unless there is something physical that has not been publicized I think he still has the tools.  He has to get his confidence and swagger back.  And most important be able to back up that swagger.

Giant Obsession

I, too, think relief is his nitch, BUT, in 2009 I made my only visit ever to the old Stadium with friends from Virginia.  Joba started (against the lowly Padres) and regularly blew 97-99 on the gun and gave up only 2 hits until hitting his 100 pitch count.  Even from the stands it was a dominating performance.

I have always wondered if pitching every 5th day and leaving it all on the mound is not the way to go with him, mentally and physically.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

joeynygiants

yankees ruin him making him a starter, plus he had injuries, and must stay healthy.

Giant Obsession

AGAIN.....rbi single, home run, hit batter....all in 2/3 of an inning.

Dear Mr. Girardi,  do you know the definition of insanity.........?  With the lead in the fifth in a situation screaming for Derek Lowe, we get the side arm twins (whom the league has figured out) and Joba.

We have to carry Repada and Eppley to equal one pitcher and release DeWayne Wise, who was nothing but a positive for us.

I fully expect Tampa to overtake us in September and we can sweat out a 1 game playoff in October.
Mike