News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Red Sox cleaning house

Started by Webster29, August 24, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webster29

Blockbuster trade with the Dodgers.   If the lousy season hasn't been enough to push the Sox fans off the bridge this trade just might.l

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/24/breaking-down-the-red-sox-dodgers-megadeal/related/

Bill Brown

Actually Bill, this trade may keep us from jumping off the bridge.  Although I hate seeing AG go, I am happy to see the other 3 gone.  Beckett has been horrible this year and I believe he is a disruptive force in the clubhouse.  Crawford has never produced in Boston anywhere like he did in TB and Punto is just a bad baseball player.  The biggest plus in this deal is the money that will be freed up so perhaps the Sox can aquire a player or two that will help to rebuild this team. 

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Giant Obsession

Since I am a yankees fan, I am a Sox "hater".  It is a tremendous rivalry.  For 5 years, they have been giving away their young prospects (sound familiar) to try and keep up with the Yankees.  Lo and behold, Tampa (how they do it is beyond me), Baltimore (their Daniel Snyder must have drifted into a coma), and even Toronto (devastating injuries the last 2 years) have built teams to challenge.

This is a GREAT move for the Sox.  I only wish the Yanks could jettison the AROID contract, but then NO ONE is that stupid in baseball....unless Angelos comes out of his coma :)
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon