News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Get Together--Which dates are good

Started by LennG, October 03, 2012, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

During the season, the BBH has always tried to have a get together to watch a road game together and either have a sort of tail gate or venture to a sports bar for some eats and then a game.

For the past 2 years our own Tomeee has been gracious enough to offer his house as our place to hold this great event, and, if the dates are right, he has once again offered to host  this year.

Here are our choices for Tomeee's house
Sunday October 14 vs SF with a 4:30 game
Sunday Nov 11 vs Cincy with a 1:00 start.

The date we were originally looking at was October 28 vs Dallas with a 4:30 start. That date is not good for Tomeee, so if we choice that date we will find a centrally located Sports bar that would be convenient for as many as possible.

Tomeee's house is in Yorktown Heights NY.

So these are our choices as we do not want to get later into the season when the weather has a better chance of turning nasty.

Just for any who haven't been to one of these get together. It is great. For the past 2 years we have BBQ and sort of tail gated at Tomeee's and then settled in to watch the game.
In years past we also have gotten a nice crew together in Fishkill, NY at a sports bar and had some brunch and then watched the game. Either way, all who attend have a great time and if you are interested, please indicate which date is preferable, or which you cannot make. We will try and please as many people as we can, but we go the way of the majority.
If we use the Oct 14 date, it is only about 10 days away so we need to know ASAP to help Tomeee along.

This is different from our BBQ in Albany, in that if you want to attend at Tomeee's just bring some food you or others might enjoy, as you might do for a tailgate.

Again, please indicate if you would like to attend and which date is good.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Charlie Weiss

vette5573

GiantFan67

I prefer the Bengal game withits 1P.M. start.

Uni

I can't make the Niners game, so Bengals is better.

LennG

I am good for either. It might be easier to 'tailgate' for the 49ers game, but so far it seems the Cinncy game is more popular.

Charlie Weiss

vette5573

LennG

I just spoke to my son Wade, who has come to these events for the past few years. He also can not make next week. After that he is flexible.

Charlie Weiss

Jaime

I'm with Ed, I'm flexible as well.

Lenn, maybe I bring that Cheesecake you've asking for the past two years? ;)

LennG

Quote from: Jaime on October 07, 2012, 10:45:01 PM
I'm with Ed, I'm flexible as well.

Lenn, maybe I bring that Cheesecake you've asking for the past two years? ;)

Thanks Jaime, but if we are tailgating and have meat, I cannot eat that cheesecake, well, maybe after the game :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

giantsguy

Sorry, can't make the Niners game myself. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

weeze

how about the 11th at my house? we can bar b q and ive got a pool.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Uni

Jaime

Lenn, however we can work it out is good by me ;)