News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2013 - DEFENSE

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 12, 2013, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Chris on April 18, 2013, 01:07:01 PM
Ceri, these writeups - as always - are phenomenal. Thanks so much for taking the time to share them with us.

Like you, I am somewhat intrigued by Damontre Moore. Do you think it's possible he could be sitting there in the second round when we pick? I'd grab him in a second at that spot.

I don't think there's any way he'll be there at 49. if he does slip out of the 1st round having had time to re-evaluate their boards overnight I can't imagine he'll make it past the Jags or Raiders at the very top of the 2nd round. That said, were he on the board at 19 and we to get an offer to trade down there is a decent chance he'd be there for us lower down with only Indianapolis, Denver and maybe Atlanta the only landing spots left in the round. 

UKGiantsFan

The Talent Available
There isn

afan56

Great report for a guy who didn't have the time!!  I hope we get one of your faves Ceri, thanks for these reports.

Philosophers

Ceri, what do you think of Tyrann Mathieu overall and potentially as a slot corner?

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Philosophers on April 19, 2013, 07:22:34 PM
Ceri, what do you think of Tyrann Mathieu overall and potentially as a slot corner?

Loved him as a player at LSU but he comes across as being an immature kid who will find trouble again OTF soon enough.

Painter

Absolutely spot on about Thomas, and probabably Hosley as well although my thumb is only sideways on him at this point.  And your Draft analysis and projection are nulli secundus as always, CD.

Cheers!

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
It

MightyGiants

Rolle is vastly over paid and Brown is signed for one year.  So next year there could be a big need.  Still with so many more current and pressing needs, not sure the team has the luxury of drafting a safety.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Thanks again for these breakdowns.  I definitely a 2nd or 3rd rounder goes into this position if only because the talent that is there.

uconnjack8

What is your take on Shamarko Thomas?  I liked what I saw of him in games, but lets face it, the Big East has not been a football juggernaut.  And I am saying that as a Uconn alum. 

bamagiantfan

Ceri, Great write up.

I'd say that Dee Milliner, Alabama is the one player I do not want, but that point is probably moot. He'll be long gone by pick 19. Good luck to anyone who takes him. He has great measureables but I wasn't surprised Notre Dame went after him the way they did in the National Championship game. Unfortunately for them, completing passes out of bounds doesn't count, but for me it seemed the ND receivers had him beat - a lot. I would argue he played against the worst group of WRs and TEs in the SEC in a very long time. There are no AJ Greens, Julio Joneses, or Mike Wallaces in that group. He's a good corner but he's not a top ten pick in my opinion, although that's where he'll go.

I preferred Rhodes but now you have me thinking. Regardless, I see a top pick going toward another position. Any thoughts on the two from Cal? I am intrigued by Williams.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

todge

Great job Ceri --

from a technical standpoint, you might want to edit Wreh-Wilson's college from Temple to UConn.

Interesting, much to Jaime's chagrin, that you and PFWs Nolan Nawrocki seem to be the only scouts who view Rhodes as an overrated prospect.

Regardless, the Giants will come out of this Draft with at least two CBs.  Interesting to see who they like.

Jaime

bama, come on over to the Rhodes bandwagon, we have room for you! <:-P

king of the bronx

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 20, 2013, 07:32:06 PM
What is your take on Shamarko Thomas?  I liked what I saw of him in games, but lets face it, the Big East has not been a football juggernaut.  And I am saying that as a Uconn alum.

I love thomas and being a big CUSE fan I have seen him for a few years. He is a hard rock hitting guy, and he is faster than all the rest of the listed safeties.  :yes: :yes: :yes:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: king of the bronx on April 21, 2013, 02:47:02 AM
Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 20, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

I love thomas and being a big CUSE fan I have seen him for a few years. He is a hard rock hitting guy, and he is faster than all the rest of the listed safeties.  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Good player but way too short for our physical prototype and the sheer number of concussions he's sustained already would have me take him off the draft board altogether if I were the Giants.