News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2013 - DEFENSE

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 12, 2013, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Ceri,

I have to think the mobile fast QBs and the rise of faster TEs are going to put a premium on speed.  As such guys that in the past were deemed too light to play MLB in the NFL (at least in the 4-3) will now be what teams are looking for.   After all, teams are shedding large amounts of size when the go into nickle and dime packages.  Having a guy who is at least LB size being able to stay on the field more and is able to run with these freakishly athletic TEs and QBs is going to be a critical requirement.   Guys like Chase Blackburn or Herzlich being able to cut it in the middle of a 4-3 are gone.   At least that's my prediction/belief/opinion
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UKGiantsFan

Rich, I wouldnt disagree. I just dont think that either Ogletree or Brown will be great MLB's. Sio Moore intrigues as I can see him playing that role with a bit of work.

I'll finish off the MLB preview when I go home in a few hours and will then knock out a mock draft, my top 100 and Giants draft board for the first two days so I can relax for a few hours before the fun begins!

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
If you are looking for a Patrick Willis type you will be disappointed - there isn