News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pittsburgh Pirates

Started by Webster29, July 31, 2013, 12:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webster29

It doesn't look like the Yankees are going to the post season this year.   No I have not given up on them but to me their problem is to many teams to leap frog over.    It is going to take a great finish by them and 3 other teams to somewhat crash and I don't see that happening.

So I have jumped on the Pirates bandwagon.   They are playing some great baseball right now.   They took a double header from StL on Tue 2-1 and 6-2 to push their record to 64-42   .604  best in baseball right now and opened up a 1 1/2 game lead on the Cards.   And yes I know in years past they have started good only to crash and burn after July 4.   But they are hanging tough this year.   I was able to see them play the Reds at PNC a few weeks ago.   Great game that they won in extra innings.   I think it would be great for baseball if they won it all this year.

I guess I have somewhat gotten over Maz's blast.        NO   not really.   That still hurts and it was 53 years ago.

Webster29

OK  I know no one cares  but    Congrats to the Pirates for clinching their first winning season since 1992.

TDToomer

Quote from: Webster29 on September 04, 2013, 03:38:43 AM
OK  I know no one cares  but    Congrats to the Pirates for clinching their first winning season since 1992.

I just discovered this baseball forum and I care.  However it wasn't until last night that they got the 82 wins to ensure a winning season. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

BigBlue91

Very happy to see the pirates succeed, always like to root for teams to do well that havent in a long time.
Bleed Blue

Webster29

Congrats to the Pirates.   They finally made it to the post season after all these years.   Still have a shot at the Central Div title but it will be tough.   2 games out with 4 left and a tough 3 game set in Cinci.   But no matter what happens it has been a great season for them.    And to think, I thought Russel Martin was nuts signing with them.   Shows what I know.

TDToomer

They made the Play-in game, not the playoffs.  IMO you need to win the WC play-in game to be a playoff contender. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Webster29

Toomer:   Technically correct but it is still the post season.    Try to tell Pirate fans anything different.

TDToomer

Quote from: Webster29 on September 25, 2013, 09:57:31 PM
Toomer:   Technically correct but it is still the post season.    Try to tell Pirate fans anything different.

Oh I will if they lose the play-in game.   :P

retrojint

OK  Red:  I will join the bandwagon as neither the Cubs nor Yankees did anything this season to warrant my unswerving support.  Plus Jason Grilli's Dad is a friend of mine.  And Jason is a great guy-I'm happy for him.  Our Dad took us to Forbes when we were little.  I know he never got over Maz or that entire Series.  Go Pirates!
"When the going gets tough, I shall return.....much later."